Wednesday, August 18, 2021

JUGS597 B&W Trick or Treat

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I have a quick Halloween card today; I've been concentrating on Christmas and have totally neglected the Cute Halloween DSP I got recently!  The Just Us Girls challenge wants black and white (and they have some gorgeous samples and submissions there), and I knew there were some black and white patterns in that DSP set, so I pulled out an older CTMH Halloween set called Hello Pumpkin, and went to work:



I stamped my little ghost and sentiment banner and fussy-cut them out, backing the sentiment with some black glimmer paper.

The other sentiment was diecut with the retired Stitched Shapes die, and I added some black glimmer stars:

I added some cobwebs and a "boo" sentiment from the same set, then a sentiment from Banner Year on the inside:

It's a challenge to only create with black and white, but this was a fun card to make!  Thanks for visiting today!

A big birthday day yesterday (and yes, the ankle is broken!)!  Special coffee-shop donuts for breakfast:


A trip to visit her new middle school:


Lots of gifts:


A really SPECIAL gift so Mommy can keep track of her when she's out riding her bike!


And finally, cake....eleven candles makes for a pretty big glow!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!






 

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I make 3 Halloween cards a year and haven't done one yet. Yours is cute. Cassidy looks like she is having a wonderful 11th birthday in spite of the broken ankle. TFS.

I Card Everyone said...

Loving your black and white Halloween card, LeAnne! It's really BOOtiful! [hey someone had to say it!]
awww poor little girl - well, at least she got a walking cast, right?
=]

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne... I can't believe how much Cassidy has grown! She is absolutely adorable. Looks like it was a very special birthday!
Your card is perfect... cute beyond words. Thanks for joining Just Us Girls this week!

Basement Stamper said...

Happy 11th Birthday to Cassidy! Stinks she's starting school with a broken ankle so quick healing prayers coming her way. Love the Halloween card, it's been years since I think I've made one of those.

Wendy said...

Super cute Halloween card, LeAnne! I love that ghost and have been looking for the CTMH stamp set to no avail. Awww poor Miss Cassidy....I hope she heals quickly so she can get back to riding her bike! Happy Birthday wishes to her! How in the world can she be 11 already???! Sounds like she had a nice birthday!

Linda Callahan said...

I love your b/w and white design! Adorable for Halloween! And Happy Birthday to Miss C! Emma loves those bounce houses and I worry the whole time she is bouncing! Hope Cassidy heals quickly - glad to see se hasn't lost her smile!

Lisa Elton said...

That candy paper is so darn cute! The whole card is! Yay for a happy 11th birthday, boo to a broken ankle!

Nancy said...

I don't make many Halloween cards but if I had that cute little ghost stamp I think I would. Great DSP too! Thanks for joining us over at Just Us Girls and sorry about Cassidy's broken bone! Looks like she had a great birthday too! All great people are born in August! ;)

Bobby said...

That paper made a great background for your little ghost, LeAnne,and I love all the sparkle in the stars and banner border. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.
Sorry about the broken ankle. I'm sure a new phone helps make it all better. ;)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Super fun for Halloween! Happy birthday wishes to Cassidy too (the donuts look yummy!)