Monday, August 2, 2021

CAS Sunflower

 Happy Monday, peeps!  I have a very simple card for you today; my friend gave me a pretty sunflower dishtowel as part of my birthday gift and I wanted to make a thank you card for her using the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set!  Here's the towel:


And here's my card:


The CAS Colour and Sketches sketch was perfect for it:

I used a strip of the retired True Love DSP with a thin mat of Daffodil Delight for the vertical piece, then stamped and colored in the smaller sunflower, using the matching die to cut it out:

I liked the shape of the element on the sketch, so I diecut two stitched squares from Old Olive using the retired Stitched Shapes dies, layered them and then added the flower on top.  It all went on a Basic White card base that was embossed with the Greenery die and embellished with some In Color Jewels.  My final addition was the "thanks", fussy cut from the Big Wishes set and popped up with some mini dimensionals!  And it's in the mail!  Thanks for popping in today!

The kids went on a Happy Hour cruise on the Chesapeake and Delaware canal yesterday!  It had rained earlier but luckily it had stopped by the time they went!  John's chiropractor's son owns the boat but was not the captain on this trip.




And I still have some birthday cards to share!!  Don't want to miss anyone!

This gorgeous one is from Sally...it's even prettier IRL!


My sweet PP teammate Ann sent this one:


And my Retrorubber teammate Maria sent this beauty!


Thanks, ladies!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Celebrate Sunflowers, Biggest Wish
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, True Love DSP (ret)
 Ink Memento Black, Old Olive
Accessories Dimensionals, In Color Jewels
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Sunflowers Dies, Greenery Die

9 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a lovely idea to use the sunflower motif to thank your friend for that pretty tea towel! I love the variations in stripe width and that sunflower makes a beautiful focal piece. Thank you for playing along with us at CAS Colours and Sketches this week! Vicky x

PS Gorgeous photos on the river. What lovely smiles your girls have!

I Card Everyone said...

What a sweet friend you have - a darling dish towel! Even better if you never have to use it, right?
Your thank you couldn't be more adorable, or perfect, LeAnne - so timely, too, as acres and acres of sunflowers are blooming everywhere right now! Tom and I visiting one such farm last Friday! GORGEOUS!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Love the towel, love your card and your two girls' smiles...what's not to love! Have a blessed day.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty dish towel and an even prettier thank you card! I just learned about a sunflower farm near us we plan to visit very soon. Hope they're as pretty as the ones on your card!

samantha's cards said...

This is fabulous! I love the sunflower, thanks for joining us at CC&S.

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet card - love that stitched backdrop!

Holly's Handmade Card said...

This is beautiful! Love it and thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!

YoonYoung Kim said...

Such beautiful cards!! Love all the floral cards you made. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge

Kim S said...

You are really using your birthday gifts in your cardmaking!! LOVE how you were inspired!