Friday, August 27, 2021

Fabulous FMS500

Hey peeps, happy Friday!  The Freshly Made Sketches challenge is celebrating 500 challenges!  Woohoo! Congrats to them! They are an extremely talented team and I enjoy playing with them often, so of course, I had to play along this week (there are prizes too!)!  I will say this card started out as something totally different; didn't like the first attempt, changed it up a bit; didn't like that one either, and so this is not what I had planned at all but by 11pm, I was ready to call it a day!  So first, the sketch:


And here we go:


Bumblebee and Cajun Craze with accents of Copper foil are my color palette.  I stamped some images from Little Delights and Banner Year on the Bumblebee panel, embellished it with a stitched copper panel, then diecut a Cajun Craze Stitched Leaves leaf and added a foil bow from Pierced Blooms dies:


The sentiment from All Things Fabulous was heat embossed with copper embossing powder and diecut with the Ornate Frames dies; it look a little plain, so I added some Pierced Blooms leaves:


The Very Vanilla panel is also embossed with the Checks embossing folder.  I really want to use this sketch some more...it's so versatile!  Congrats again to the FMS team--here's to 500 more!  Thanks for visiting today!

Our eggplant crop was prolific this year, unlike many past years; this was only about half of what we harvested from our little garden:


So yesterday morning, I spent making eggplant parmigiana to put in the freezer:


Lots of work, but definitely worth it come wintertime!  Then Cassidy and my great-niece Emma played Uno...for about five minutes (Emma's attention span was a little short yesterday!):


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps All Things Fabulous, Little Delights, Banner Year, Friends are Like Seashells (speckles)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Bumblebee, Brushed Metallic, Cajun Craze DSP
 Ink Bumblebee, Versamark
Accessories Dimensionals, Copper Embossing Powder
Tools     Big Shot, Checks Embossing Folder, Pierced Blooms Dies, Stitched Leaves Dies, Ornate Frames Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Your card is another just beautiful example of how well you work with Sketches, LeAnne! Loving all these colors - I am a big fan of curry and these make my taste buds yearn for it!
Know what else I love? Starts with E and ends with A!
UNO!
=]

Amy O said...

I love what you ended up with! This is a beautiful Fall card! Thanks for celebrating this milestone sketch with us at Freshly Made Sketches! Your cards are always a treat to see in our gallery and this celebration wouldn't have been complete without you participating!

Linda Callahan said...

I love fall colors - and I love this card! The stitching is perfect around the leaf! I will be thinking of you in February when you are eating eggplant parm and I am dialing Pizza Hit!

Colleen Begley said...

Lovely fall card! I really like the inlaid leaf with the stitching. I also like those parmigianas! Yum.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh that stitched leaf is so pretty and that golden bow too! Fabulous card, LeAnne!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Those falling leaves and autumnal colours are great LeAnne and I love the touches of copper and brick texture too. Almost as appealing as those aubergine parmigianas - this is my most favourite dish of all time, so I'm definitely inviting myself round for dinner at yours sometime soon (I wish!)

Jen Timko said...

It is always such a joy to see you in our gallery! Thank you for being such a wonderful friend to the challenge team. Another amazing card! So glad you joined us for our 500th sketch celebration at FMS!