Tuesday, August 17, 2021

RRC165 Cruisin'

Hi everyone!  It's time for a new Retro Rubber Challenge where we give our older stamps some attention!  Here's our prompt for today: 


That vintage tractor reminded me of a vintage truck stamp that is in the Countryside stamp set from 2010.  Normally I would stamp it on some watercolor paper and color it in to create a vintage-style card, but I went in a different direction this time!  While searching for some suitable DSP, I found this lovely blue buffalo plaid piece and that's what got me started:



I stamped the truck in Night of Navy and diecut it with a Stitched Nested Labels die.  I cut another panel from the same die in Cherry Cobbler and cut it half, layering it behind the image.  The smaller sentiment is from Papertry Ink's Barnyard Sentiments (2015), diecut with the same die and layered with Night of Navy.   


The plaid panel was embellished with a Cherry Cobbler zig zag diecut border and for the final embellishment, I added a couple of enamel dots at the top.  Clean and vintage?  That's what I've got today!

Now, what will you create for our "Cruisin" challenge this week?  Just remember to use stamps that are least one year old and tell us the age somewhere in your post!  Thanks for visiting today!

SO....yesterday while playing in a Bounce House, we had a little mishap:


More than likely a broken ankle...we'll see what the orthopedic doctor says!  What a way to start your birthday week!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Countryside (ret, 2010), Barnyard Sentiments (Papertrey, 2015)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Down on the Farm DSP (Echo Park)
 Ink Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy
Accessories Enamel Dots (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Basic Borders Dies, Stitched Nested Labels Dies (ret)

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I love that old truck - happy to see it loaded with apples, and can't wait for apple-picking season - soon!
Darling card - so sorry about that ankle... healing hugs, Miss C.
=]

Joan V said...

Wow,I love that card! Great layout. Oooh, hope someone feels better, soon! Ouch.

Carol L said...

I love this clean design with those colors of the flag! It reminds me of old days when farmers delivered produce right to our doors! Poor Cassidy - bummer this happened on her birthday week, but kids have a way of bouncing right back somehow. Best wishes to her.
I wish I could say I've not grown cynical but clearly I've done exactly that over the past few months. I keep trying to get back to the happy person I used to be, but it's hard to find your way back once the floor falls out beneath your feet! Just breathe and keep smiling :)

Kampin' Karen said...

Rut roh! My son broke his knee in a bounce house! Hope it is just a sprained ankle. Certainly neither sprain nor brake is a fun way to start a birthday...but a memorable one :-) I saw Retro Rubber challenge before I saw your blog. As soon as the card appeared on the screen, I knew it was yours! Love it!!

Lisa Elton said...

You've reminded me I need to check a local farm stand for a yummy apple they carry this time of year! This is super cute, LeAnne. OH NO, poor Cassidy. No fun for your birthday OR starting back to school.

Linda Callahan said...

Fun retro card! I await fall apples as well!

Lorraine said...

Such clean and crisp colors and stamping. Wonderful card! Sorry about the ankle - not fun.