Monday, August 9, 2021

FMS497 You're Like Cookies

Happy Monday, peeps!  Hope your weekend was great!  Ours was quiet, just like we planned! I read a great book...The Girl from Berlin by Ronald Balson.  I normally don't like reading books about World War II, but this one was quite intriguing!  Anyway, I am squeaking in a couple of cards that use the FMS sketch for this week:

I wanted to make a whimsical card, so I pulled out Nothing Better Than and made a cookie card:


I used some DSP in Poppy Parade, Cinnamon Cider and Early Espresso for my strips and adhered them to my card front, which I partially embossed with the Dots embossing folder.  I stamped and diecut some cookies, then added a little tag with a foam diecut:


and here's the inside:


The second card uses the same layout, this time with a mat of Sweet Symmetry DSP and some flowers from Pierced Blooms:


I had been having some issues getting these flower diecuts with more stitching detail out of the die, but I used my waxed paper tip, layering it between the die and the cardstock, and they popped out like a dream.  I used Night of Navy, Misty Moonlight and Basic White for my strips, and Basic White and Soft Seafoam for my flowers.  I added some Blue Gems for the centers; the sentiment is from Little Delights:




Thanks for stopping in for a visit today!

And here's Cassidy's final project reveal; she had a bit of a learning curve with allowing one color of paint to dry before adding another, but we'll work on that!





(And of course, Dana cried!)  Enjoy your day and be blessed!






9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Two darling cards, LeAnne! Couldn't agree more about cookies, btw! You can sure make me take another look at blue, my friend - this paper is like a fine china! and I'll never tire of seeing these sweet blooms - glad to know you've had success with the waxed paper.
Cassidy's gift to her Mom is just adorable! OH those happy faces!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

I LOVE your first card especially! Such joy on the faces of your two beauties. Have a blessed week.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love how different colors and images completely change the feel of the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Karen Tenney said...

That book is on my list to read. Glad you enjoyed it. I love those historical novels based on WWII. Love your card too.

Lisa Elton said...

Those cookies sure look yummy, what a cute card! Love the wax paper die cut tip and the charming results of your little work of art. So sweet seeing the joy on both Dana and Cassidy's faces!

Karen in Florida said...

I love both of your cards!! And I love the pictures of Dana & Cassidy!
Tell Cassidy her project turned out GREAT!!!

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards! Those cookies look wonderful! And what a fabulous gift - so much love. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Helen said...

Great cards LeAnne! I love the beautiful blue floral background for those wonderful white die cut flowers! It really helps them to pop and take centre stage! Thanks so much for sharing over at HLS Dies Challenge this month! Stay safe! :)

laurie said...

Awesome card LeAnne! Your blue floral is so pretty. Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers!

Such a cute project cassidys gift was awesome! What a treasure.