Monday, June 15, 2020

Two Jars

Happy Monday, peeps!  I have stamp club tonight, looking forward to seeing some of my friends!  I wanted to make a sample from Jar of Flowers using the jar domes (which are backordered right now),  so I did a bit of experimenting.  Now, sometimes my experiments turn out great, and others...not so great.  I would say this is not so great, although it's good enough to show off the products.  So here we go:


I wanted to show off the Rainbow Glimmer paper and I thought it would be fun to use the Butterfly Duet punch to create a few butterflies and create a shaker card. I was worried about them flipping over in the dome, so I glued several together back to back....not necessary.  The dome is flat enough that I don't think they would flip over, plus the rough texture of the glimmer paper actually keeps them from moving around; they're still pretty:


I chose some Coastal Cabana DSP as the mat for my card.  I didn't get my dome in quite straight, so it looks a little wonky, and you can only punch into a piece of cardstock or DSP up so far, and I would have liked to have had it up a little higher.  However, the large space gave me a chance to use one of the Happiest Birthday sentiments on top, and I added a couple more butterflies:


I stamped the largest sentiment on the inside as well, using Magenta Madness ink:


I didn't want to waste the little jar that I had punched out of the Coastal Cabana DSP, so I stamped the jar image on the opposite side and used it to create a jar for my pretty roses: 


I stamped them in So Saffron ink and used Blends to color them ink, then stamped another image, fussy-cut one flower out, and layered it on top. 


The Coastal Cabana was a little too bright for my liking, so I punched a jar from Vellum cardstock and layered it on top to soften it a bit.  I mounted it on a Whisper White panel that was diecut with an Ornate Layer die, then layered that on top of a So Saffron DSP layer.  A sentiment from Many Mates was diecut with a die from Smooth Sailing, and I added a gingham ribbon in Just Jade:




Doing a little scrambling:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

8 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love these - so pretty! I love the detailing on the second card but I must confess rainbow glimmer paper is my new love so the first one wins today - can you believe I’ve used nearly a whole pack of that glimmer in less than a week?! I’ve never done that with new product before. The scrambled eggs look good - my favourite way to eat them!

Bonnie said...

Two fantastic cards, LeAnne! The sparkly butterflies are so pretty! The jar of roses is gorgeous! Love the texture and that sweet ribbon tie!

I Card Everyone said...

LOVE the shimmering butterflies - still waiting for ours to arrive... they are late!
As much as I love butterflies, your gorgeous yellow roses won my heart today, LeAnne! and this yellow panel of words I cannot read? Absolutely right up there with the gingham!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

My favorite is the second one. I like what you did with the vellum. I'm debating about ordering the glimmer because I have so much retired glimmer paper that I rarely used. Joanne is obviously a glimmer girl! I love scrambled eggs with mayo on them in a sandwich. She's quite the girl and does her Grammy proud. Have a blessed week!

Tracy Grauer said...

I love your cards, LeAnne! Super cute! Enjoy your stamp club tonight!

Wendy said...

Both cards are gorgeous, LeAnne! I have been loving the card idea's i've seen using this set however when I purchased it I did not get the domes. I figured they would not mail very well unless you used a padded envelope. I love that you added the sentiment and butterflies above the dome on your 1st card. Very sparkly, too! The 2nd one is lovely in that soft yellow! You did an awesome job and I bet your stamp club ladies will love them as well! Enjoy your day and this gorgeous weather! :)

Lorraine said...

These are very pretty. And I love the flowers.

Lisa Elton said...

Your sparkling butterflies are adorable but your second card has me swooning! I love every little thing about it!