Saturday, June 13, 2020

TGIF268 Field Journal Birthday

Happy Saturday, peeps!  My card today features a new stamp called Field Journal.  I loved the sketchy style of the artwork, I think the images are easy to color in and can stand alone on a card, which makes them great for masculine creations!  Our guys don't like a lot of fuss and layers, right?  And it is also for the TGIF Challenge, which is to have a trimmed-down front panel:


So here we go; these kinds of cards are a challenge to photograph, so I apologize for the poor picture:


I used two different DSPs in Cinnamon Cider, tearing my edges to give it a more rustic look; stamped the chipmunk in Stazon Black and watercolored him with the same ink, then diecut it with a Stitched Nested Label die:



I stamped a sentiment from Rustic Retreat on the outside and added some new Early Espresso Faux Suede ribbon, then added a sentiment from Many Mates on the inside:


This is already in the mail for a guy from church; it was a fun card to create!  Thanks for popping in today!

Our rickety old swing set (it started out as John's nephews' some 25 years ago!) got a good workout on Thursday....first Cassidy and her cousins just put the hose on it and slid down, then I suggested they get the plastic sheets we use for slip and slide and put underneath the slide.  What a riot! They have to have bruises on their bums, and my yard is a muddy mess, but they had a blast!







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blogs that include Cassidy. Your cards are really pretty too, but I just enjoy the kids. Her card was marvelous. She did extremely well.

I Card Everyone said...

Rustic, and such a gorgeous color for a guy, LeAnne! My husband would love this little chipper! and we'd both love to hang out in your yard... looks like a really fun place to be!
A square of foam think chair cushion] under that slip-n-slide would help soften the blow to those bums! but it didn't seem to bother them at all!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Ooohhh, he's so cute, I love little chipmunks! Terrific guy card LeAnne. Looks like the kiddos know how to have fun. If you added the foam Michele mentioned, I might even give it a go LOL!!

Bonnie said...

I love this chipmunk, LeAnne and it brings back memories of my Dad training one to go in his pocket for peanuts. They are such cute little critters and this card is awesome!

Tami Hewlett said...

Love the rustic theme and torn edge!!! Brilliant idea. Thanks for playing with TGIF Challenges this week.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love those rustic colours and the torn edge! I liked the hedgehog in this set and was tempted- this card might just persuade me!!

Wendy said...

Well, that looked like so much fun! I bet the kids had a blast but oh my, my butt would be hurtin! LOL Your card just made me chuckle because we have been dealing with chipmunks and my dogs just go crazy! They killed one a month ago so now I try to really watch them outback. They are so cute and would not want to see any harm come to them. Love your coloring and that great new Cinnamon Cider DSP!

Lorraine said...

That slide looks like so much fun and your card is so cute.

Linda Callahan said...

Love that little chippie - sweet card!