Sunday, June 7, 2020

PP494 Rain or Shine

Hello, stampers!  Time for another Paper Players challenge with Anne Marie as our hostess!  Check out this fun theme:


Well, my first couple attempts fell flat, and I also found out that I am missing a stamp from my Under the Umbrella stamp set....grrrr!  That in turn prompted a tidy-up of my stamp room, which was very therapeutic, but did not turn up my missing stamp.  Anyway, I finally resorted to my favorite gingham and this is what the end result was:


I stamped and fussy-cut each pair of boots from gingham in Poppy Parade, Terra Cotta Tile, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Pacific Point, Highland Heather and Blackberry Bliss:



I really wanted to use Pumpkin Pie for the orange, but I had NONE left, so I colored the gingham lines with a Daffodil Delight Blend to increase the orange-ness of it, and it worked pretty well!  I couldn't fit them all on a standard-sized card, so this is a skinny 6x3.5" card.  I remembered this raindrop DSP from A Little Foxy, so I cut that to fit, added a stitched scalloped border, and a sentiment from Under My Umbrella as well as a little flower:


So I am still on the lookout for my missing stamp....hopefully it will turn up, stuck to another stamp case or something!  Meanwhile, I hope you'll check out what the other DT members created for this challenge over at the Paper Players blog.  Then I hope you'll share yours with us too!  You might end up being our Headliner!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Under My Umbrella
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Gingham DSPs, A Little Foxy DSP (ret)
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Sweetly Stitched Dies, Stitched Be Mine Dies, Blends

19 comments:

Vickie said...

Very cute LeAnne. You are great at fussy cutting.

Kampin' Karen said...

Nothing is more frustrating than a missing stamp. Oh, yes, there is...a mising die! Your card is sweet and I love all the boots.

Kim S said...

A lost stamp and a big tidy-up, then fussy-cutting all of those boots?! But I have to say this card is worth all the effort - it is so sweet and totally caught my eye. It will brighten someone's day!

Bonnie said...

Love these fun rain boots, LeAnne! What a lot of fussy cutting and totally worth the effort!

I Card Everyone said...

OH my goodness gingham gracious! How totally adorable, LeAnne! You've brightened up my cloudy morning, my friend!
=]
ps I sometimes find those hiding stamps on the underside of my inks!

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a cute card! When something goes missing I always start cleaning up in hopes of finding "it"! Hope your stamp shows up!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Boohoo for the missing stamp - hope it turns up too! Love the rainbow of gingham wellies though - and great tip on the orange ones! I adore the skinny style too - such a cheery card!

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Love them wellies so cute

QuilterLaura said...

That is super cute!

laurie said...

LOVE your fun row of rainbow boots...what a darling card!!

Linda Callahan said...

That lineup of boots is adorable! Not a speck of mud in sight! Sweet card!

Lisa Elton said...

Gingham boots...count me in!! This is so darn CUTE!!

Stef Perry said...

Love, love, love your rainbow row of boots, LeAnne! Your long and skinny card is a delight with the raindrop paper and row of scallops on the bottom edge. Totally fabulous!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun card, LeAnne! Love the long and skinny design and those rainbow rain boots are an instant smile-maker. Just an adorable card, all around. Thanks for rocking my challenge this week, my sweet friend!

Ann Schach said...

Oh, LeAnne! This is one of the most adorable cards ever. All of those gingham boots lined up just bring a smile to my face. So cute, clever and colorful!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, this card just makes me smile. Those gingham wellies all lined up in a row in rainbow order just makes me so happy. That combined with the fabulous little flowers on your white sentiment.... ADORABLE!
Hugs
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

SMILE!!!!!!!! I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all these little boots! Tall and skinny cards are always so fun and this one is amazing! The raindrop background is just perfect! The sentiment is so fitting and those little flowers look so pretty on the scalloped rectangle! You rocked this challenge, My Friend! Have a great weekend!

Allisa said...

Those are some awesome boots! If you use a stamp platform, I highly suggest checking it for your missing stamp! Way too often I find a missing stamp stuck to the back of mine or still inside!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Oh LeAnn - this is so cute. I want every pair of your adorable rain boots - one in each color of the rainbow! Perfect fussy cutting! :)