Tuesday, June 23, 2020

TSOT462 Bee Sympathy

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It is hot, hot, hot today! Hoping to cool off this afternoon in a pool somewhere!  My card today uses the sketch from Try Stampin On Tuesday:


and it is a sympathy card for the Amish friend who gives John (and sometimes me!) his bee sting therapy.  Have you ever heard of that?  You can read a little about it here.  John started doing it for numbness and pain in his hand after my brother told him about it. He is always trying alternative medical things, anything to not have surgery!  Anyway, our friend's MIL passed away, so I thought a bee-themed card was in order:


I used the stamps and dies from the recently-retired Honey Bee bundle; the sentiment is from a past Paper Pumpkin kit, and the flowers on the blue panel are from Bloom and Grow:



And the inside Bible verse is an old one from Our Daily Bread Designs:


Hopefully it will bring some comfort to the family!   And I had  Mr Lapp 's permission to take a couple pictures of him stinging my brother:


He holds the bees with a tweezer so he can get right at the area of pain; apparently he himself was in excruciating pain from back issues and sought relief from bee stings when he had exhausted all other avenues.  He was so excited about the results, he decided to learn to do it himself and now shares it with his "patients" all over the area.  John believes it is beginning to help him; my brother and I dislike the swelling and itching afterwards; the stings really aren't that bad, so we're not quite sure it's worth it!  So we'll see how it goes with John...I'll keep you posted! Thanks for popping in today, enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Honey Bee (ret), Bloom and Grow, Paper Pumpkin (ret), Scripture Collection 2 (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White (ret), Oliver DSP (Lost and Found 3, My Mind's Eye)
 Ink Bumblebee, Misty Moonlight, Memento Black, Bordering Blue (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Detailed Bee Dies (ret)

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Your card is so beautiful, and personal to your friend's interest in bees. Sure to bring him comfort … I'm not sure about that bee therapy, but sure hope it works for John! [BEE-lieving in it is half the battle, right?]
=]

Carol L said...

I saw that sketch earlier this morning and thought it looked like a fun one to work with. Under the circumstances, your bee-themed sympathy card is perfect for the recipient! The colors and little bit of honeycomb with hexagons is just perfect, not to mention the hive, and I LOVE how you made the sentiment panel too! I'm always interested in natural healing solutions as opposed to surgery and/or pharmaceutical drugs so thanks for the link and explanation! I will check it out!

Heather said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card, LeAnne - love your mix of papers here. I hadn't heard of "bee therapy," how interesting! What a great theme for your friend... Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Bonnie said...

Looks like the perfect card for Mr. Lapp, LeAnne! It's hard to get my head around getting stung on purpose!

Lisa Elton said...

So wonderfully layered with a perfect mix of patterns. This is thoughtful and lovely LeAnne. I've never heard of bee therapy, hope it works for John!

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Love your card design I have never heard of the bee sting therapy

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the card but not sure about the bee therapy, although am fairly open minded as far as alternative therapies are concerned, so will be following John’s progress with interest!

Fiona said...

Your card is stunning - I love all the layers and the grid for the hive - thanks for sharing with us at TSOT this week.

Donna Scholz said...

What an appropriate card for your Amish friend, LeAnne! It's a beautiful card with a great use of pattern paper! Thank you for sharing your story about bee sting therapy, I'd never heard of it!!! And most important, thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Marjolein said...

What a lovely, appropriate card for such a hard time. Love the combination of stamps and DSP. Quite interesting therapy; finding an answer in nature is always a good thing to explore. Thanks for joining TSOT! Marjolein, DT-TSOT