Wednesday, June 10, 2020

TCC137 Bottle Cap Hello

Hey there, stampers!  It's time for another Card Concept challenge, and our photo prompt is an awesome one, perfect for a masculine card!  Check it out:


I love the vintage, retro look of this hunting/fishing lakeside scene!  And although I didn't have any stamps that fit that particular fishing or hunting theme, I knew I had a retro-style stamp that would!  So here we go:


This Artistic Outpost Bottle Cap stamp is a full sheet stamp, and I stamped it in Soft Suede on some fabric-y looking DSP from SU that we had a few years back.  After cleaning my stamp, I stamped it again in Poppy Parade, Garden Green, Old Olive and Crushed Curry, then fussy cut some of the caps out and adhered them to the main layer.  I punched out another circle from the same DSP and stamped "Hello" from the retired Jar of Love in one of the spaces, then mounted it all on a Crumb Cake base.  And THEN it got lots of distressing and sponging to give it a real vintage look!  Here are closeups of the caps...aren't they cool? They almost look real!



Of course, at The Card Concept, we always like you to tell us what inspired you, as well as the style of card you've created (you can see the styles on the blog). For my card, I was inspired by the colors, the retro vibe, and the advertising signs in the photo, and my style is definitely Shabby Chic and Vintage!  I've left the inside blank, too, so I can add a sentiment later.  I just love these cool images!  They're so much more interesting than the soda logos out there now!

I hope you'll play along with The Card Concept this week, and be sure to stop over to see what the designers created as well!  

Cassidy saw somewhere on the computer how to make freeze pops with Capri Sun and Airheads candy (gross, but I gave her credit for wanting to try!). We searched for popsicle molds while shopping on Monday to no avail, so we decided to just freeze them in some plastic baby food containers we had saved:



We were going to put skewers in them when they were partially frozen but we FORGOT!  Cassidy took them to the neighbors when she went swimming yesterday and they just ate them with a spoon....or licked them, as you can see:


They ate them all so I guess they were good!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Jar of Love (ret), Bottle Caps (Artistic Outpost)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Serene Scenery DSP (ret)
 Ink Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Poppy Parade, Old Olive
Accessories
Tools     1 3/8" Circle Punch, Sponge Daubers, Acrylic Ruler (for distressing edges)

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne they DO LOOK REAL! and real cute, too! BTW Squirt is STILL my favorite soda [or pop as they call it here in the Midwest!!]
=]

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, this is amazing LeAnne! I have this stamp and never made it look this good, lol! Love how you re-stamped in different colors plus fussy-cut some of the images- I thought that possibly someone had printed this out on DSP. Great job, sweet friend and perfect for our challenge- hugs and God Bless!

Bonnie said...

This is an awesome stamp and I love how the bottle caps are all different colors! A perfect card for a guy, especially a guy who remembers when these bottle caps were the norm!

Kampin' Karen said...

Love this! Grape soda was my favorite back in the day. You are such a good gram! I can't believe they downed all of them!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh gosh what a GREAT card, love the colors LeAnne!

Claudia said...

My first thought was, that they ARE real! Amazing effect! And you are right, so much more interesting designs than nowadays on our bottles. Great and fun card! Somehow Cassidies creations suit well.

Esther Asbury said...

I love your fun take on the inspiration board this week --- those bottle caps are super cool!

Linda Callahan said...

I dont remember this stamp.....but I will remember this card....fabulous!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I’m not sure I’ll be able to come up with something for this challenge - but I love those retro bottle tops! They are so realistic and definitely more interesting than the ones you see today. Love the ice pop making session - sticks or no sticks, it doesn’t seem to have held the kiddies back at all!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is amazing! I love all rustic things! I want this set now! It is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This card makes me so happy!