Friday, June 12, 2020

FMS and Fusion Butterfly

Hello peeps! Well, yesterday was a lost day....I realized mid-morning that I had never made a card for Inspired By, and then when I did finally check my blog, my Tic-Tac-Toe post was still in draft mode and had never posted.  Trying to keep Cassidy busy and on track really got me OFF track.  We had a really busy day to boot, although a really good one that ended with lots of kids making lots of noise and having lots of fun in our backyard....and that really, really made me happy!  

Anyway, enough rambling...I managed to squeak out a little stamping time late last night, and after seeing my friend Linda's gorgeous butterfly card here, I knew I wanted to make one for myself; hers is for the Fusion challenge, and I incorporated the FMS sketch for mine:


So here we go:



I had just received Butterfly Gala last week, so I stamped one of the butterflies in Memento and colored it with various blends, then punched it out with the coordinating punch.  I adhered it to a Whisper White square that was embossed with one of the new Greenery embossing folders.  My background papers are Pacific Point and Coastal Cabana DSPs, and the sentiment is also from Butterfly Gala.  My final additions were a couple of retired Noble Peacock gems:



Thanks for popping in today...Cassidy goes home this evening so I will spend the weekend working on my upcoming stamp club!  My craft room looks like a bomb hit it!!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

One of our activities yesterday:



14 comments:

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Love the colours and keeping the little ones busy for such a long period is starting to take its toll here too. I have to admit they are having way too much screen time just to give me a 5 minute breather

Kampin' Karen said...

Love the blues! I'm so glad you enjoyed your week with Cassidy. She'll remember the memories forever. I need to clean up my craft area too but at the moment I find it too overwhelming. The dining room table is covered with boxes of cards, I have been crafting in the living room too...what a mess! Have a great weekend.

Wendy said...

This card is every bit of lovely, LeAnne! I really like your color combo and the layout! Your colorful butterfly just pulls all those wonderful colors together! Well done! Miss Cassidy sure is growing up and that cake looks yummy! Sounds like you had a fun week with her being there! Enjoy today....the weather is gorgeous! :)

Bonnie said...

Such a beautiful butterfly, LeAnne! I love how it plays off the embossed and pattern paper squares!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful butterfly! And great colors! That cake looks yummy! All these weeks hanging around home you would think my craft room would be up to snuff as my dad would say.....but it is not....

I Card Everyone said...

You know I've never met a butterfly I didn't love, LeAnne! These colors are just so gorgeous … what in the world has gotten into me? Darling embossing, and such a beautiful 'pick me up' card!
I like cake!!! xx
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a nice card, LeAnne! Thanks for sharing and have fun with the Butterfly Gala set. So fun! One of my favs!

elaine said...

LOVE the colors - LOVE the design -- LOVE LOVE LOVE Ms Cassidy and her cake ----- sigh -- this is just my happy place. Hugs

Lisa Elton said...

I like the embossing behind your pretty little butterlfy! Such sweet summer colors. Cassidy's cake looks yummy!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love those blues, this is a set I don’t often use and the blue really makes the butterfly pop. Sounds like you and Cassidy are having a fun week - and the cake looks delicious!!

Kim S said...

I adore that butterfly! I love how you've used him with the beautiful blues - the texture and patterns are lovely. As always...thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous butterfly and I love how you angled the square panels, LeAnne! I also love all the texture in this card...so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

Cécile Ribon said...

What a pretty take on the sketch! I love the blue color scheme and that gorgeous butterfly. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Wanda Cullen said...

Love that awesome butterfly and the lovely colors you used! Reminds me of stained glass. So glad you joined us in the challenge at Fusion!