Tuesday, June 9, 2020

CAS Father's Day

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  I have a really quick card I created late last night....not my most stellar effort, but guys are not up for lots of layers and frills, so it's all good!  It fulfills a couple of challenges:  TGIF wants the color palette of Bumblebee, Crumb Cake and Night of Navy; Always Fun Challenges want to honor dads; and Less is More wants to see borders:


I don't have my Bumblebee ink pad yet, so I resorted to using some of the papers from Flowers for Every season, Night of Navy ink and cardstock, and a Crumb Cake base:


I stamped a sentiment from A Wish for Everything on a Crumb Cake card base, then ran it through the Pinewood Planks EF.  I diecut two borders from Night of Navy cardstock, using a die from Nature's Thoughts, and also cutting two feathers from Nature's Thoughts in Bumblebee DSP:


I wanted the feathers to go in different directions, so one is embossed and one is debossed, because I cut it from the opposite side of the DSP, then turned it over.  I gave both of them some sponging for definition and added some retired Baker's Twine to "tie" them together.  On the inside, I stamped the remainder of the sentiment (crooked of course) and a feather from Positive Thoughts:


Of course, both our dads are gone, but maybe I'll send this to Wayne....he is a hero in my book!  

Cassidy likes to pick asparagus from my tiny little patch....she's been doing this since she was little....too bad she doesn't like to eat it! 



Enjoy your day and be blessed! 


7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Tickles my fancy, LeAnne! I love your ingenuity to 'deboss' that second feather!
On that asparagus, she might grow into it, I did! This was one of things I stowed in the pocket of my overalls to later bury in my sandbox! Then there's that 'more for me!' way to think about it!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Very nice card. I don't have my ink pads yet either...they've been picking since early morning 6/3! I send my son-in-love Father's Day cards too. I love asparagus. I didn't as a child so there is still hope! I wish it didn't take so long for a crop to get producing!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the way the bumble bee yellow and navy look on the crumb cake, it's a pretty combination. Fabulous card LeAnne! I didn't like asparagus when I was little either, love it now!

Linda Callahan said...

Great colors and texture! I am stiiiillllll waiting for my new stuff!

Carol L said...

Loving this CAS design and what a fantastic message for father's day! Wishing I had an asparagus patch too. I hate it most of my life until I learned how to cook it, and now it's my most favorite veggie in spring! Scrolling back on your blog, that's a beautiful Christmas card with the split panels and I love the berries! Oh my, I remember those old typewriters! How fabulous that Cassidy takes an interest in learning to use one! Enjoy your week ahead!

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card and I love the arrangement of the feathers! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

Craft-E-Place said...

Super card, love the feathers. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Less is More