Sunday, June 14, 2020

PP495 Christmas Wishes

Hello stampers!  It's time for a new Paper Players challenge!  First, I'd like to thank all of you who commented on Cassidy's card yesterday...she was absolutely thrilled by the comments!  We all like encouragement, and it is nice to get it from someone other than your grammy, LOL!  Hopefully I can encourage her to create some more over the summer!

Laurie is our hostess today with a color challenge:


The first thing I thought of was "Christmas"....and I am always game for making Christmas cards!  I had not used Winter Woods for a long time, so I got out my ink, paper and stamps and went to work:


This was a fairly simple card to make!  I stamped the trees in the background in Basic Gray, then the fir tree in Tranquil Tide, using the In the Woods die to cut it out.  I ran through background through the Softly Falling embossing folder, and mounted it on a Real Red base.  The snow drift was also cut with the In the Woods die; the Real Red sentiment is from Itty Bitty Christmas.  After assembling it all, I added a couple diecut cardinals from Poppystamps:



I should have added some glitter, but having had experience with this ink bleeding when glue and glitter are applied, I just left it plain, LOL!

So what will you do with these colors?  Be sure to check out what the DT did....not everyone did Christmas, so you'll get some inspiration for other occasions!  Check them out at the Paper Players and share yours as well!  Thanks for popping in today!

So yesterday, my nephew graduated from West Point; our plans to attend got cancelled because of the virus, and the date was pushed back so the cadets could quarantine ahead of time.  As it was, they had to wear masks as they marched in but as they sat in their chairs six feet apart, they could remove them.  We watched it on YouTube and got to see Will come forward....but this picture my sister forwarded to me was the best ever (he's on the left):


My heart is bursting with pride, I only wish my sister and BIL could have been there, and I wish my dad could have lived to have seen him graduate.  When Will first started at WP, he got discouraged and wanted to quit.  My dad quietly told him "Don't quit."  At my dad's funeral, Will shared that story, which I had never heard.  My dad would have been proud that he kept at it!  Now it's on to Fort Benning!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Winter Woods, Itty Bitty Christmas
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Real Red
 Ink Real Red, Basic Gray, Tranquil Tide (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, In The Woods Dies, Softly Falling Embossing Folder (ret), Cheerful Cardinal Dies (Poppystamps)

21 comments:

Claire said...

This is stunning, getting me festive in June can only lead to issues thou lol

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

These colours are so perfect for Christmas I’m now wondering why that never occurred to me?! Love your wintery scene with the pop of red from the cardinals. What a great photo of your nephew too - you must be so proud!

Kampin' Karen said...

I love your card. There's so much depth with the deciduous trees in the background and the conifer in the foreground. I need to get that set out again and play with it. It's quite possible I will totally copy it! I might add white Wink of Stella on the snow. I know I have a bunch of cardinals already die cut somewhere in my stash. I'm glad Cassidy was encouraged and I can't wait to see more of her art. Your nephew is so handsome and I'm sorry family did not get to see what was supposed to be a marvelous ceremony. It would have been worse without technology! Have a blessed day.

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne... you know my eye went directly to those fabulous gray trees!
Congrats to your handsome nephew!
=]

Vickie said...

Simply Lovely LeAnne...I can hear the quiet fall snow. Congrats to your Nephew. A real accomplishment.. Words from his grandfather that he will never forget....and because of him he graduated from West Point yesterday. My neighbor’s grandson also graduated there with him.

Bonnie said...

A beautiful Winter scene, LeAnne! I love the depth you've created and the sweet cardinals add a great pop of color! I know you're proud of your nephew! What a great picture!

Barb said...

Love how you used these colors! Such a peaceful scene.
Congratulations to your nephew and your family....such an achievement!! I’m sure your Dad was watching from the best seat in the house. ;)

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card and tears of joy for your nephew! Such an accomplishment! I am truly sorry all of you could not be there in person.

Ann Schach said...

First of all, a huge congratulations to your nephew, and all of his family! Your card is so perfect, LeAnne! The gray trees in the background, with the snow softly falling, are beautiful. The green tree in the foreground is stunning. However, those cardinals, with the pop of color, steal the show! Have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

Love the card. Handsome young men! Congratulations to your family!

laurie said...

Awesome Christmas card..always a fave of mine. The colors worked great for it too!! Congrats to the grad...what an awesome accomplishment. I know people are sad about graduations being different during the pandemic, but hey...what a great story to tell around the campfire when you are old!

Cindy Beach said...

Huge congrats to Will! Loved the story.
Your card too! I thought of Christmas first thing also. Your beautiful card would get anyone in the spirit for the holiday!

Wendy said...

What a great picture of your nephew and what a wonderful story he told! I bet too that your Dad is so proud of him! What an accomplishment! Your card is every bit of beautiful, LeAnne! I love all the details from the snow falling in the background to the hill that the tree sits on and those pretty cardinals! You did super well with this challenge! Love it! TFS and I hope you enjoyed this awesome weather today! :)

Pam Sparks said...

Fabulous card LeAnne! I love it!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my is this ever pretty LeAnne and peaceful too! Congratulations to your nephew!!

Allisa said...

Such a peaceful scene, love the pop of red!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Lovely Christmas card, LeAnne! Looks so serene - and a little bit chilly! Love the pop of red from your Cardinal! :)

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect holiday card! And a perfect day for graduation! Huge congrats to your nephew - I would be so proud as well! Wonderful accomplishment!

Stef Perry said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous LeAnne! The embossed snowy background fabulous as does the pop of red with the cardinals. Love that big fir tree too!

Congrats to your nephew! That's quite an achievement!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, what a perfect use of these colors. My mind hadn't gone to Christmas - but they are perfect. I love the snowdrop embossing folder, too. What a wonderful graduation photograph and a wonderful story of your father.
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

I'm so happy you did a Christmas card with these colors, LeAnne! That was where I kept going but it's too hot here for Christmas. I LOVE what you came up with. Such a beautiful winter scene. You've inspired me to make some "Christmas in June" cards for sure.