Sunday, March 2, 2014

Paper Players 185

DSCF1193

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Another Sunday and time for another Paper Players challenge:

Ann is our hostess this week with a nice challenge…..I can always use thank you cards, and I will certainly be thankful when spring gets here.  Since we are due for another snowstorm tomorrow, with 6-12” predicted, spring seems far, far away!  But when you are a stamper, you can have spring any day of the month!  Here is my springy creation:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 185 Fabulous Florets Six Sided Sampler Stampin Up

I used the Freshly Made Sketches layout 125:

and I also used the Card Concept challenge 4 for my colors:

I guess I would say my style is “clean and layered”!  I “layered” the images in the Fabulous Florets set on my main panel, then added a strip of Epic Day This & That washi tape and embossed the entire thing with the Perfect Polka Dot EF.  You can see it closer here:

DSCF1195

I used two images from the Six-Sided Sampler set to make my sentiment piece; added a hand-cut hexagon mat; diecut some leaves and did some piercing on them as well as around the image.  I just love this look!  It certainly does make me think of spring even though the look from my window does NOT!!!  I hope you can be inspired to make a springy thank you card and share it with us at the Paper Players as well!  You can check all the samples out here:

We had a couple of warm days last week and the snow was melting off the shed roof, coming through the gutter in a little stream!  Cassidy wanted to go stand under it---NOT!!—but I did let her stand under it with my umbrella….you may be able to see the splashes coming off as she tilted the umbrella!  My little water baby!

unnamed (3)

unnamed (4)

unnamed (2)

20 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! I love the combination of colors...but it is the paper piercing that sends this card right into "WOW"-land! Beautiful, LeAnne! And what fun for Cassidy!She is growing up so quickly!

irishgalkelly said...

Hi LeAnne! Oh, your card is a breath of fresh Spring air! Love the pretty stamped background and your handmade hex sentiment. You are so clever! The paper piercing looks wonderful on the leaves as does the embossed washi. I haven't seen that done before. Cassidy reminds me of the Morton Salt girl, lol!

Frenchie said...

Love , love your card Ms LeeAnn , pretty colors , and I love flowers ,
But that pretty girl with that pretty umbrella , she sure is growing up , No don't let her !!!

Frenchie said...

Oops my hubby, hurry me , to see Cassady
And I didn't say ,
Hugs to you both,
Hubby loves seeing her picks too !!
Hane a dry day please 💞

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

So many fun details, LeAnne...the washi, the embossing, the popped up sentiment on the hexagon! Just love your creativity!

stampwithsandy said...

This is so, so pretty LeAnne! I love that you created your own patterned paper by stamping and then embossed dots. Also love the paper peircing, especially on the leaves.

lisa808 said...

Pretty colors! Love the piercing and, the embossing looks perfect with it.

Nance Leedy said...

You background stamping is soooo pretty LeAnne! The color selections are bright and cheerful. Love the repetition of dots in the embossing and paper piercing...just fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely floral card LeAnne!! What's the little Morton's Salt girl doing in your back yard!!

Jen Timko said...

Spring loveliness! As always, your details make it so special. Now…if we could only get a little of that spring to actually show up. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Linda Callahan said...

Ahhhh spring......is it really coming? I will just have to look at your sweet card to get me through until the real green shows up!

Amy O said...

What a pretty card, LeAnne! I love all of the soft flowers and the paper piercing. I need to play along with you at the Paper Players as I need to get some thank yous out, and I love the idea of combining that with a Spring theme -- especially as we're iced in here tonight.

Pam~ said...

Gorgeous! You included such great texture and color on this exquisite card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Just beautiful! I love the springy flowery background you've created LeAnne - it looks like DSP! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Kerin said...

LeAnne the embossed "dsp" you've created out of the flower stamps is gorgeous! I love the springtime feel of this card with such cheerful colors! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Helen Liu said...

Hi LeAnne, your card came after mine in the Card Concept Challenge! I am so glad to get to know you! We happened to use the same sketch! What a coincidence! I love the delicacy and texture of your card very much! Thank you for your inspirations!And please stop by my blog when your time allows!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Cassidy --so cute with this gorgeous umbrella.
Your card is to pretty. I like that you embossed the panel after stamping these pretty Spring flowers. The piercing on the leaves looks great.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gosh, that looks so cold out there in the wet with all that snow. It is such a contrast to your card which is light, airy and springy. It'll come! We have to have hope!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love the colors, the repetition of the dots and the perfectly framed "thank you"

I'm still totally in love with the brolly :-)
Hugs
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, LeAnne! I love all of the paper pierced detail and the textured background. Cassidy cracks me up. Of course she would want to go stand under the water. Haha! That is the cutest umbrella ever, by the way! :)