Tuesday, March 25, 2014

ColourQ234

DSCF1640 
Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Arielle has a sweet inspiration photo for us today at the ColourQ:



I wish I had hair long enough to use this comb…isn’t it pretty?  I settled for some popsicles!  Purple Onion is having a birthday challenge, and the only stamps I have from them, besides Christmas, are little seasonal ones.  So I picked out an image that I thought would look good in these colors, which sort of remind me of ice cream, and came up with this little notecard:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings ColourQ234 Purple Onion Stampin Birthday

I stamped the base of my card with the retired Distressed Dots background stamp in Smoky Slate (instead of Going Gray!) and stamped my popsicles in the same shade, coloring each one with a blender pen and ink:

DSCF1637

I wish you could see how cute these are IRL!  The photo doesn’t do it justice!  I added “celebrate” along the bottom of my panel, some speckles with Apricot Appeal and lavished it up with some Dazzling Diamonds glitter!  I mounted it on a diecut tag from MFT, added a MFT diecut button and some scallops from the SU Scallop Border punch.  Finally, some silver ribbon to finish it off!  And the inside, just a simple birthday greeting:

DSCF1641

Makes me long for summer…heck, I wish spring would just get here!!  But hey!  I saw  BLUEBIRD out my window yesterday, so I know it is really on its way!!!  Yahoo!!!  So what will you create with these luscious colors?  Share your creation with us at the ColourQ challenge too!

We have a serious tea party going on here!!!

DSCF1350

Wee Project Details
Stamps Distressed Dots BG(Ret SU), Banners ( Lil' Inker) , Seasonal Sayings (Purple Onion)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White Notecard, Apricot Appeal, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana
 Ink  Apricot Appeal, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate
Accessories Silver Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Tools     Big Shot, Scallop Border Punch, Die-namics Blueprint 6 Die (My Favorite Things), Dimensionals, Blender Pen

13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love distressed dots and rarely use it! This is adorable.....makes me think of summer....it is coming right?

Bev Gomez said...

darling card LeAnne. Love it.

Linda said...

I bet they just sparkle. Very cute card.
I love how Cassidy has an apron on to play in the water. You think of everything. She looks like she is having so much fun.

Lisa Elton said...

Okay now you've done it...I'm longing for summer and we still havne' had spring weather!! Cute card LeAnne, love your sparkly Popsicles! I LOVE to see Cassidy playing with real toys and using her imagination..to many electronics in little hands these days. She reminds me of my cousin and I when we were little girls (eons ago!), always playing house and school!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Is Going Gray a Stampin Up color? For realsie? Someone okay'd that color for something related to a hobby that is dominated by women???! Hrumph!

Anyway! yes! Popsicles! you totally nailed it. That's a great choice for this color combo, hands down. Great card, happy fun in the sun.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Darling card, LeAnne! This makes me yearn for summer!

Jen Mitchell said...

Popsicles are always cause for celebration in my book! They make me think of summer, which makes me think we are long overdue for some springy weather! I hope this latest storm is avoiding you - I won't be so lucky :(

Karen Davis said...

Such a cute card LeAnne, I love the colours you have used. A lovely inspiration photo too.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is wonderful LeAnne - those popsicles look wonderfully frosted! I'm always so inspired by Arielle's colour palettes :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Looks like a lot of fun at that tea party;)
Such a cute card. In a few days I'll be able to experience summer even though it's far from summer at my house.....Phoenix here I come;)

Anonymous said...

Love the added sparkle and splatter, what a fun card!

dpkennedy said...

Sweet card!

Scrappy Géri said...

What a pretty card :). Love it