Thursday, March 13, 2014

DD93

DSCF1423

Hey, peeps, another post today….I wanted to get this card in for the Dynamic Duos challenge:


I felt like I was the only one who hadn’t seen this stylish card created with the Scalloped Tag Topper punch, so I googled it, found this great tutorial and set to work making a card for my niece’s birthday:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Chalk Talk Birthday Dynamic Duos Stampin Up

I changed the front panel about 3 times, and finally decided on a plain piece of Blushing Bride, run through the Elegant Lines EF.  I added elements from Chalk Talk and A Fitting Occasion, as well as an embossed and diecut border:

DSCF1424

I finished it with an elegant bow in Very Vanilla seam binding!  Hope she likes it!

I am glad I am not the only one who reads cookbooks just for fun:

DSCF1378
DSCF1379

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Chalk Talk, A Fitting Occasion
Card stock & Papers     Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand Patterns DP (ret)
 Ink Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride
Accessories Very Vanilla Seam Binding
Tools     Big Shot, Elegant Lines EF(ret), Needlepoint Border EF, Finishing Touches Edgelit, Chalk Talk Dies, Scallop Tag Topper Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Dimensionals

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your card is Very pretty! Like you and Cassidy, I also read cookbooks and cooking magazines like regular books. Recipes and techniques are like short stories to me!

Lisa Elton said...

Well I haven't seen one of these pretty cards until now! Great job LeAnne and it works beautifully with the DD colors!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card LeeAnn. I love this style and your pretty accents. Thanks for joining us at the Dynamic Duos.

canadian_liner said...

Oh, your card is lovely! I really like the off-centre closure (complete with bow) and all the layering and embossing on the left side. Beautiful job for this week's Dynamic Duos challenge!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh this card is gorgeous! It's so soft and feminine. I love everything about it. I like the use of the Chalk Talk die cut here. I have this set too but am never quite sure how to use it. I have been wanting to try this scalloped tag card too - hopefully will have a chance soon. I really like the look of it.

Patti said...

Beautiful and a great color combo. And I love that card design; on my to do list. Love all your embossing.

Elaine M said...

Oh LeAnne! Another winner for sure - I know she will LOVE it! This is one of my favorite color combos too. I've not seen this design before and am definitely going to give it a try. Hug our little cookbook reader for me.

Annette Elliott said...

All I can say is....OMG! Love it! Shall be "stealing" this creation...but of course you get full credit....: )

stampwithsandy said...

Ooh, this is beautiful LeAnne! I actually wanted to make one of these cards with my "fancy folds" class next month so I thank you for the link to the tutorial! Is Cassidy making dinner tonight?

Linda Callahan said...

Such a pretty card! And Cassidy can come and cook for me any tme!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I'm sure your niece will love it LeAnne - it's so pretty!

Scrappy Géri said...

Wowwww and just the Colors si cherish!!!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Hee hee! I love that Cassidy is reading a cookbook. Perhaps she is conjuring up what to cook for the family?!!

Your card is very elegant! I love it.