Thursday, March 20, 2014

Baby Girl Cards

DSCF1507

Hey peeps!  Happy Spring!  FINALLY!  Let’s hope it sticks!  My niece had a little girl earlier this week and the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge this week was this pretty inspiration photo:

I found a sweet little image from a Crafty Secret note pad and cut it down to fit the Mojo Monday sketch from this week:

and here we go:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Crafty Secrets Baby Card Stampin

I did put my sentiment element at the top instead of the bottom so I didn’t cover up that cute little puppy!  All the designer papers are digital; the card base is Pistachio Pudding and the embossed piece is Blushing Bride.  Sentiment is from Papertrey’s Daily Designs Sentiments

DSCF1509-001

Then, I had the remaining piece sitting on my desk, looking up at me, as well as this little tag, bare and unadorned, so I decided to make another baby girl card for the receptionist at my dentist’s office!!  The Kraft Journal’s challenge this week is “tags”, so it was a perfect fit:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Pocket Baby Card Stampin

DSCF1527

I mounted the Crafty Secrets piece on a scalloped square and embellished it with some lace, pleated ribbon and an embossed heart.  Then I stamped and embellished the tag with a few miscellaneous images and sentiments…..I was really just kind of playing around with some sets I rarely use!  The ribbon is the same pleated ribbon with the stitching removed and pressed.  I stamped the Blush Blossom card base with the retired Distressed Dots background stamp.  (If you need details on any of the stamps or colors I used, just send me an email….there were too many to list!!).  Enjoy your day!

Cassidy & Dana enjoyed a trip to the National Aquarium in Baltimore!

1899871_10152662210777646_592729361_n-001

12 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Congrats to your niece! New babies are always so much fun.
Love the card, such a vintage feel to it.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you were on a roll! Sweet sweet baby cards! You do vintage perfectly!

Pam~ said...

Gorgeous cards! The layers and embellishments are fantastic! Always fun having a new baby in the family. Have a great day!

Meggymay said...

Beautiful cards for new arrivals. Thank you for joining us at SCH this time.
Yvonne

Erin said...

Beautiful cards! And congratulations on the newest addition to your family. :)

I also wanted to say "thank you" for the sweet comment on my blog! I appreciate that you took the time to stop by.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Erin.

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE the sweet vintage image on the first card and the pretty lace trim on the second!!

Bonnie said...

Two very special baby cards! I'm lovin these soft pinks and the gingham paper!

Colleen Dietrich said...

These are both darling, Leanne. :) I just recently received the Daily Designs sentiment PTI set for my birthday. Was happy to see it in use here!

Your daughter is so beautiful, and it's obvious that's where Cassidy gets her good looks. :)

Always enjoy your posts, my friend. Love getting them in my email inbox!

Sherry Hickey said...

Very sweet cards! Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Stunning projects! The tag is so sweet in the card. Thank you for joining us the week over at the Kraft Journal.
Anitra

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Such great cards! I love gingham on baby cards. The pink and yellow are so sweet. I love the pink and ruffled ribbon and lace of the second card. So girlie!

Daniele said...

what brill. cards so glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow
hugs