Monday, March 3, 2014

Merry Monday 98

DSCF1205 
Happy Monday, everyone!  Is it snowing where you are?  I think I have seen enough of the white stuff…so glad I don’t have to go anywhere!  Today’s Merry Monday challenge is a real sweet one:
  


I had a lot of ideas for this one, but in the end, decided to dust off a Waltzingmouse set that I haven’t used for a while, and paired it with some plaid DP I got over the Christmas holidays:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Merry Mondays 98 Christmas Card Waltzingmouse

I didn’t do any actual stitching, but the images look stitched, and I used a “stitched” mat and tag, along with a little faux button I created by gluing three diecut buttons together!!!  I wanted a wee bit of color, so I stamped each “stitched” ornament in Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Riding Hood Red and Crushed Curry:

DSCF1206

It’s a really simple design, but I love the country, homespun feel this set imparts!  I hope you’ll have fun created a buttony, stitchy Christmas card this week!  Share it with us at the Merry Monday challenge and you might win a guest spot!  And be sure to check out all the great designs while you’re there!

Yesterday, the Kennett Symphony held a children’s concert and instrument zoo at Lincoln University, which is only a few minutes from our house.  It was right during Cassidy’s naptime, so she was a wee bit crabby, but she did very well, especially when she was able to get up close and personal with some of the instruments:

Drums:
1655910_10152629660747646_389734894_n

A “baby” piano:

1977361_10152629659597646_2002216726_n

A trumpet:

1001288_10152629660022646_2052601147_n

And she actually got a little “toot” out of the trombone!

1619258_10152629660302646_393768021_n

What a great experience!  Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Sewing Box Christmas (Waltzingmouse)
Card stock & Papers     Garden Green, Natural Ivory, Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery, Crushed Curry, Bashful Blue, Riding Hood Red, Handmade Holiday DP (Simple Stories)
 Ink Garden Green, More Mustard, Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake
Accessories  Linen Thread
Tools     1/2" Circle Punch, Lots of Tags Die (ret SU), Button Die (ret SU),  Lil'Inker Stitched Mat Die, Big Shot, Dimensionals

29 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Great Country Christmas card, LeAnne! You've mirrored the inspiration photo perfectly! That Christmas tree is the cutest!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Definitely nailed the country charm with this Christmas card, LeAnne. I must get out my button sizzlet and play around with it. Love how you tripled it for dimension. How fun to have a day with the symphony with Cassidy!

Linda said...

Thank is a darling card. I love the way it looks stitched.
Oh what fun. Cassidy looks perfect at that little piano. That must have been so much fun. TFS

Susan Joyce said...

Love your card LeAnne, every detail is just perfect for the Country theme. I had to look really closely to see that the buttons weren't real.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your sweet WM tree, one of my favourite stamp sets. Thanks for sharing the pics of Cassidy--what fun!

Bev Gomez said...

OMG LeAnne, darling darling card. I love it. And gotta say that Cassidy is quite the talented little girl. SO precious. Back home now. :-)

Doris said...

What a wonderful experience for Cassidy--well worth missing her nap! She looks adorable with her pony tail and fancy tights. Which instrument did she like best?

Wendy said...

Cassidy is so adorable and I enjoyed the pictures! She looks great on the baby piano! Anyways, I just loved your country card! You are the queen of vintage & country cards! This one is fabulous with the stitching, tree and buttons! Love, love, love! Fortunately, the snow did a bust on us! We have about an inch which makes me EXTREMELY happy! Truth be told, I was praying for rain! Have a wonderful week, LeAnne! :)

Karren said...

This stamp is just perfect for the challenge, LeAnne and you've made another fantastic card!

JoAnn said...

So cute. Love the country feel of your card. The stitched tree is perfect.
Cassidy is so cute and it looks like she had a wonderful time.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh, your card is adorable. This tree is perfect for this challenge. I really must look for these stitched mats and tags - love them. Your faux buttons are wonderful.
Looks like Cassidy had a great time trying out the different musical instrument. I smiled when I saw her playing the drums. My son is an amazing drummer so I'm partial to them I guess;)
It's still bitterly cold here and we have tons of snow.........is it Spring yet??:)

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card LeAnne, I love your cute tree and the plaid is a perfect background.

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE country card LeAnne, love the plaid and that darling tree!! We caught a break with the weather. The worst was well south of us. We woke to about 3" of fluffy snow on Sunday morning.The pictures of the little ones with the instruments is CUTE!

Frenchie said...

Ooo, my goodness , that Cassady is just to CUTE. LOVE IT.
HUGS FRENCHIE

Carol L said...

That whimsical little tree is adorable and I love that stitched mat die!! Adorable pics of Cassidy, and how cute does she look with her hair up! Is she asking for a drum set now? LOL

Bonnie said...

Wow, LeAnne, I LOVE your button tree! And that plaid paper really brings on the country charm! Looks like you may have a musician in the family :0)

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this is a cute tree! And such fun for Cassidy!

Kristie Goulet said...

What a sweet stamp set this is, LeAnne! Perfect for this challenge! Awesome design!
Cute pictures of Cassidy!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

LeAnne, your card is so bright, sweet and happy! I love the stitching - it's all fabulous!

Katie Melhus said...

LeAnne I'm so impressed with all the stitched details you "faked" (fauxed? lol) you card is so country and so cozy with that plaid pattern. Love it!

Stacey Schafer said...

so cute!

Karen Davis said...

I love your tree with it's buttonhole stitching LeAnne. So cute. I love the plaid paper too, it compliments the tree perfectly.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What perfect designer paper to go with your cute charming tree!

Lesley said...

Love that you mimicked the tree! SO amazing...!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Well, Cassidy is a better blower than I. I'd pass out before getting a toot out of any horn.

I absolutely adore your country charm Merry Monday card. You really rocked this challenge and nary a real stitch or real button on your card. I just love it.

I'm not sure you'll see anything out of me this challenge. My brain doesn't want to come up with a solution.

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the sweet Christmas tree - beautiful.

Greta said...

Wow--you nailed the country look! Great card & darling kids!

Lori Turner said...

LeAnne, this card is absolutey COUNTRY-RIFIC!!! Wow - love the stitched tree and all the baubles! Love the red plaid paper too - WTG!

Margaret Moody said...

Wow, LeAnne! You made the perfect card for the challenge! Love your Christmas tree and the wonderful red plaid paper!