Thursday, March 13, 2014

Happy B-Day

DSCF1389

In my hankering for spring, I seem to be making a lot of cards with nature themes!  Considering yesterday was in the 60s (or so they said!), and today’s high is supposed to be 29, can you blame me?  At least it can be springy in my craft room!  Today’s card uses the Lunchtime Sketch 305  from TechnoStamper:

and the “green” theme from the Kraft Journal:

LeAnne Puglise WeeInklings Happy BDay Stampin Up

I pulled out an old Cornish Heritage Farms stamp for most of my images; the background is a retired SU set called Floral, stamped in Baked Brown Sugar on Crumb Cake.  The woodgrain is a digital paper from Raspberry Road.  The florals are stamped in Pear Pizzazz, and the bee and sentiment are in Soft Suede.  I don’t know if you can see the sparkle on the bee’s wings:

DSCF1390

And I had one last piece of shabby seam binding from this project, so I used it here, tying it with some Linen thread and added a button & pearl:

DSCF1391

I also used a Cornish Heritage Farms sentiment for the inside as well:

DSCF1392

Thanks for visiting!

It was nice enough yesterday to go outside and blow some bubbles!

DSCF1342

DSCF1336

Enjoy your day!

14 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this card LeAnne - so natural and vintage, full of texture.

Linda Callahan said...

LeAnne at her finest here........beautiful! We are encased in ice here......maybe if it warms tomorrow I will be inspired to create something gorgeous
Ike you!

Doris said...

Looks like one of Cassidy's favorite B's is a Bubble!

Doris said...

Oh, and your card is nice, too!

Lorraine said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love the colors and the layout. Everything!

Alli said...

Loooove this card!
TFS LeAnne!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Such a pretty vintagey spring flavoured card. This mix of colours and stamps works so well toghether. I really do like that inside sentiment. I love that you added a heart to the front too.
It must have felt so good to be able to be outside yesterday blowing bubbles. It looks like Cassidy was enjoying it.

Lisa Elton said...

Such a pretty card, love all of the layers! Cassidy is a good bubble blower!! We went from 64 to 19 ~ UGH!

Cheryl Mooney said...

The natural images and depth and colors really take me away...to Spring!

Kristi said...

You did it again, LeAnne! I love your charm infused cards,what a talent! Thanks for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal!♥

MJ said...

This card is just amazing. Love the soft colors and warm feel. Just stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Sue Root said...

This is a beautiful card! Great interpretation of the TSSC sketch.

Sleepy Stamper said...

LeAnne this is so Beautiful! I love the banner and the speckled look to it! Thank you for joining us this week over at the Kraft Journal.
Anitra

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oooh! I really love this card. It has a vintage feel with the speckles.