Saturday, March 22, 2014

FMS128

DSCF1567

Happy Saturday, peeps!  Got a busy day planned, so this will be quick!  I am using the Freshly Made Sketches for a birthday card…here’s the sketch:
And here’s my card:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Violet Birthday Stampin

I used an older Flourishes set, stamped it in Stazon on watercolor paper and colored it with Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Garden Green, Pear Pizzazz and a little Old Olive:

DSCF1569

It’s been a while since I colored anything this large, I really enjoyed it.  Since the image was fairly large, I made a custom-sized card as well as an envelope to match (which I forgot to photograph!!!).  That Envelope Punch Board makes creating custom envelopes a snap!  I used some retired Wisteria Wonder DP as well as some older SAB ribbon.  Some pearls finished it off.  Thanks for stopping by today!  And be sure to stop by tomorrow for my Paper Players creation!

Coloring!!!

DSCF1602
DSCF1603
DSCF1606

18 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

What a lovely card, LeAnne! That image is beautiful and your coloring is perfect! Looks like Cassidy wants to take after Grammie!

Dawn Tidd said...

Gorgeous card! Your coloring is beautiful. And it looks like Cassidy may follow in your footsteps!

Linda said...

Beautiful card! I can't wait to see the violets in the yard. We still have dirty snow.
Love your little artist. She is so into what she is doing.
Happy Saturday!

Doris said...

Your violets are beautiful--can't wait to see them here in real life! It's been a long winter, and we still have a lot of snow on the ground along the road and in the woods.

Lisa Elton said...

PRETTY violets LeAnne, and great coloring too!

Linda Callahan said...

These violets are gorgeous! Your coloring is wonderful!

Jen Timko said...

My gracious, this is gorgeous! Love that stamp!!

Frenchie said...

Hi LeAnn. I love ,love that pretty card, WOW ,
BEAUITIFUL ,.....
AND That little Cassady she so getting big and prettier by the min, so cute , love her Expreastion ,
Ok, hugs to both of you
Frenchie ,

Colleen Dietrich said...

Sigh. I'm really gonna miss Flourishes. This set is one I'd have loved to have, but didn't act on fast enough. You've done beautiful justice to it! Maybe we'll be seeing flowers like this soon enough in our gardens, eh?

lotta joy said...

I LOVE that stamp! Do you ever sell your used one's??

mikki said...

A beautiful card! You mentioned envelopes...what paper
Do you use? I like Paper Source text weight but would like something a little heavier.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

LeAnne, this is absolutely stunning!!

Karren said...

Wow, LeAnne, this is gorgeous! Your coloring of this beautiful image is fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Amy O said...

So, so pretty LeAnne! Your coloring is always so gorgeous! I wish I could color like you!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

A fresh and pretty card! I love the quick and simple sketch they offered up. Sometimes you need to go quick and easy. Remember when all those big stamps were the rage? Now they seem so awkward to use, but you've done this one proud.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful violets!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh LeAnne, this card is beautiful! Those violets look real!!!!! I just love it! Cassidy can come color with me anytime! We would have fun! XX

Sally said...

Beautiful! I'm so wanting to learn to watercolor with my blender pen and aqua pen~ Such a lovely card~