Wednesday, March 19, 2014

LIM163

DSCF1522

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  The week is whizzing by!  I have a card to share for three challenges:

John’s nephew is a freshman at Drexel and got a full ROTC scholarship; he’ll be in the Navy for four years after he graduates, and he has always been full-on interested in anything military, especially WWII.  Usually I use these Artistic Outpost stamps for veterans, July 4th, etc, but they seemed good images to use for the challenges as well as for a birthday card for Phil!

DSCF1513

I stamped the smaller image in Old Olive then masked it and stamped the larger one in Midnight Muse.  I also masked that one and stamped a row of stars from the Kitchen Sink’s Playful Stars.  The larger stars are from My Favorite Thing’s Primitive Pumpkin….I can’t believe that I actually remembered that there were some vintage-looking stars in a Halloween set, LOL!  And here is the inside:

DSCF1523

Both sentiment are retired from Cornish Heritage Farms.  Thanks so much for visiting me today!

For some reason, on Monday, Cassidy wanted to change her outfits….several times!  She came dressed in a little coordinating pink outfit…here she is helping me decorate my mini Easter tree:

DSCF1481

Two hours later, she insisted on putting on a pair of Tinker Bell pajamas…didn’t get a photo of that.  Then she came out of the bedroom wearing a too-small pair of Halloween pajamas:

DSCF1502

And before her nap, insisted on wearing this outfit…she had on flip-flops too, but they were last year’s, and too small….which, actually, this outfit is as well.  When she was ready to go home, I insisted she get her original clothes back on and this is the reaction I got:

DSCF1520

There was a little temper tantrum to go with it, but I’ll spare you that!!

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

These are wonderful images! Terrific one layer card! Emma has learned to take her straps down so she is constantly peeling down her overalls!

Linda said...

OH no clothing melt downs. It is so hard to give up those favorite outfits. LOL
Love your card and Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Raisin Boat with this perfect man card. Hugs, Linda

Lisa Elton said...

LeAnne I love this card. The colors, your design, the images...very nicely done! Looks like you might have a fashionista on your hands LOL!!!

Julia Aston said...

what a great military card!

Bonnie said...

What an awesome card! Perfect!

Karen Davis said...

What a fabulous card LeAnne. I love the boy to man images. Lovely colours too. I am sure John's nephew will be thrilled.

Shelly said...

Such a wonderful card! Love the colors and stamps! Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!

Anne said...

Super card for a chap!
Thanks for taking the Less is More Challenge this week
Anne
(Guest commenter LIM)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Cassidy is such a diva with her multiple outfit changes. Love the manly birthday card. Those military stamps rock!

anja curvers said...

A really nice card great colors love and stamps thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.