Monday, March 24, 2014

Merry Monday 101

DSCF1632
Hi everyone!  It’s Monday, Merry Monday time!  It is cold again here in PA, and it still feels like winter….perfect for my card, LOL!  Here is the challenge for you today:



Isn’t that a gorgeous inspiration?!  Wait until you see what the other designers did with this too!  Woohoo!  I went in a different direction, inking up some new CTMH stamps with a retro feel:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Merry Monday 101 Santa Stampin Christmas

I just love this little Santa and his “ho ho ho!”"….he is stamped in Real Red and I used some Authentique Christmas and MME Halloween papers for my backgrounds.  I embossed the red with a couple of different embossing folders and added some silver glimmer snowflakes for a little extra pop!  Santa has a little DD glitter on his beard, too!

DSCF1635

And here is the inside:

DSCF1636

Again, stamped in Real Red, punched out and backed with a scallop mat.  Simple but cute!  I sure hope you’ll play along with us…it is so fun to see what you create!

Cassidy made a snowman….with ears (shown from the side)!!!

DSCF1529

DSCF1541

DSCF1540

DSCF1544

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Santa Claus Holiday (Close to My Heart)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Silver Glimmer, Happy Haunting (MME), Two Christmases in One (Authentique)
 Ink Real Red
Accessories Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Tools     Big Shot, 1" Square Punch, Postage Stamp Punch,  Make A Snowflake Die (Taylored Expressions), Polaroid Die (Lil'Inker), Christmas Words EF (Sissix), Snowflakes EF (Cuttlebug), Dimensionals

20 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

What a great card, LeAnne! That's a tough color combo for a Christmas card but you aced it! I think the photo frame is my favorite part. Looks like you got Cassidy in the holiday spirit, too!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your jolly Santa LeAnne! Those sparkly snowflakes are a great accents!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Yes it is still winter here :( Adorable card, love the sparkly Santa! And that snowman is super-duper fantastic, ears and all!

Deanne :)

Pam~ said...

Love, love, love this Santa card! Santa faces are one of my favorite stamps! Have a great day!

Linda said...

Love your card! The Polaroid Dies and the embossing are very cool!
Green snowman! What a creative little girl. And she has the ears on the head. That is a great sign.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh! I haven't checked out what Merry Monday wanted of us this week. I think this will be a fun color combo to use. I love your card. It's quite nice and that Santa looks like a sly one. I LOVE the snowman with ears!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love the retro feel of your card, LeAnne, great attention to detail too!

Cute snowman with ears. ;)

Lori Turner said...

Still winter here too!! Gorgeous card, LeAnne! I love the retro Santa in the frame! AWESOME!

Bonnie said...

Love this Santa with his icy beard and ho, ho, ho! Haven't seen our bluebirds lately. Maybe they flew to PA?

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Your Santa is cute and loving all the shimmer on your card with the snowflakes and the dazzling details!

Wendy said...

You always make the cutest cards, LeAnne! I probably tell you that atleast once a month! LOL Love this cute Santa image, pretty papers & terrific embossing! Nailed this one! Have a great week! ( I know snow is coming tomorrow but just tell yourself that 50's & 60's are coming for the weekend!) Yahooo!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Wow - this is SO adorable! Love the embossed "merry" and super cute Santa image!

JoAnn said...

This is so adorable LeAnne. Such a cute image and a great design.

Katie Melhus said...

Love this fun Santa "snapshot". What a great card, LeAnne!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card LeAnne, this is such a cute stamp set and I love these papers too.

Heather North said...

Very cute card, but your daughter steals the show. :) Nice embossing on your panel. Good use of Halloween paper too. ;)

Karren said...

Fabulous card, LeAnne! Love all the texture you've got going on and that Santa is too cute! PS: Cassidy's snowman is pretty cute too!

Karen Davis said...

Hi LeAnne. I love your cheery Santa too. I also love the slightly distressed red, embossed panel, yummm, and the wee touches of glitter too. A fun card.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a lovely Christmas card LeAnne. I like the sanded embossed strip and your angled santa. Cassidy has an off-the-wall sense of humour that I can really appreciate!

Susan Joyce said...

Love the Santa,the Ho, Ho, Ho and the embossed panel. Sweet design LeAnne.