Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Will's Belated Birthday Card

DSCF5270

My sister in SC just called me....."Did you remember your nephew's birthday today?"  OOPS!!!  I always have fun sending cards and goodies to my DS's family--just too many things going on this week and last week.  So I got busy and made a very simple card using SU's new Sweet Centers set:

DSCF5269

Edited to add:  This set, the cups and padded envelopes are all available from Stampin'Up! through my website.  You can click here to see the details!  I saw this cool post on Mike's blog (yes, HE is a SU demonstrator!) and I thought it was genius!!!  So I adapted it for the balloon image, although as soon as my nephew pulls that tag, I am sure M&Ms will be all over the place!!!  I had a chance to use my new-to-me set, On Your Birthday for the inside, along with some balloons from Sock Monkey:

DSCF5271  Of course, I will add a little something extra inside to make up for forgetting his birthday!   SU sells special padded envelopes as well just to send these little puppies out!  Gotta get this in the mail, so if you have questions, let me know---I'm not going to post the recipe!
Stop back tomorrow for the CTD and Diva Challenges!  Eeek, I'd better get busy, huh?!  And here is a photo of the birthday boy from a couple years ago, with Grand-daddy looking on!!  (That's a crayfish from our creek!)  Cute little thing!!!  Love ya, Will!

cropped Will & Granddad

9 comments:

Elise said...

SUCH a cute CARD and CUTE BOY! Wow! What a fun and inspirational post, LeAnne! You really know how to make a girl get busy and STAMP SOMETHING! Yipeee!

Carol L said...

What a great card and even though it's a bit late, I'm sure your nephew is going to enjoy it :) You do remarkably well in a pinch my friend!!!!

Unknown said...

LeeAnn: What an adorably CUTE little guy and card!!!! Does he look happy or what!! Where do you find the little sweet treat cup holders? Your card is such a wonderful creation -- thank you for sharing it! Would you please share the "recipe" for it with me and others, too? Thank you so much!!
~Amy S.~

Leonie said...

I am sure he will love his card, I cant wait to get those cups over here, they look fabbo!

Tammy Hershberger said...

CUTE card, LeAnne! Those cups are so neat, and I'm sure Will will love it! (What a cute kid, too!)

Juanita said...

What a cutie. I hope he enjoys his card, who would be unhappy about candy in a card?

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, I so loveeeeee this card & i'm sure your nephew will too! Thanks for the heads up on the envies for the Sweet Centers..I'll have to get some!

Sam said...

I LOVE that card - I am sure that any boy would love to get a card that has sweets in it!!

Barbara said...

Too cute!!! Love that idea!