Thursday, September 10, 2009

Stacey's Curtain Call Act 3

act3 Aren't these some lovely inspirational colors?  This is the rose that Stacey received when she won one of the Rising Star awards at the recent Stampin' Up! convention!  What a wonderful way to remember that special event!  I was intrigued by the colors, but you know how you plan a card in your head, and it turns out totally different?  Well, that's what happened here!  Still intriguing, but not quite how I envisioned it:

DSCF5178

You can see the other creations, as well as Stacey's, here.  It also uses the sketch from Stamping 411 shown here:

ssc115 and AFTER stamping my card, I realized I did not stay completely true to the sketch!  Ooops, sorry!  Well, it's the inspiration that counts! 

 

I also wanted to share a pretty card I got from my friend Shawn:

DSCF5176

Isn't this fun?  All those Circle Circus images, stamped in cool colors?  Love it!  Thanks, Shawn!  And thanks for visiting today!

  • Stamps:  Pocket Silhouettes
  • Paper:  Kraft, Certainly Celery, Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla, Razzleberry Lemonade
  • Ink:  Sahara Sand, Melon Mambo
  • Acc:  Corner Rounder, Oval, Scallop Oval & 1/4" circle punches; Taffeta Ribbon, Build-a-Brad, Dimensionals

10 comments:

Jetstudio Designs said...

Very pretty card, I really like the color combination and the layout that you used.

Selene Kempton said...

No need to stay completely "true" to the sketch... it's only there for inspiration, and I totally LOVE what you did with it! Thanks so much for playing along!

Anonymous said...

Oh I just loved your card, LeAnne! So pretty!
Great card to from Shawn! Lucky you!
Have a great day!

Stacey Schafer said...

Gorgeous cards, LeAnne! Love the triple oval accents on the first one...great idea:) Thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call!

Ann said...

Wow, you really knocked this one out of the park! So, so pretty! Love Shawn's card, too!

Juanita said...

Even if you are not 'true' to the sketch, it is a great card.

Patti Chesky said...

I love how you changed the sketch. It's gorgeous.

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are both fabulous, LeAnne! I love the way you used the ovals on the first one, and the one for the PCP sketch is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I still re-run my yearly 9/11 tribute post to my husband and all firefighters. It still has all the ORIGINAL comments from my readers and you are there. It's kind of a trip down memory lane for all of us, and I invite readers to continue to leave comments, year after year, as a type of "blogger reunion".

Leigh said...

Fabulous card. I love it.