Friday, September 4, 2009

Scraplings

DSCF5127

Today's SCS Challenge was to make a scrapling, which is a little skinny card or folded tag made from the leftover piece of cardstock you have after making a square card.  I needed a couple little gifts for my workshop tomorrow, so I thought these would be perfect!  They use up little scraps of cardstock and DP and ribbon, too!

DSCF5128 This one uses textured Regal Rose CS and some retired Patterns DP in Pretty in Pink.  Butterflies are from Flight of the Butterfly, sentiment from Pocket Silhouettes. 

Here's the inside:

DSCF5133

DSCF5129

 

This uses More Mustard CS and Patterns DP; ribbon is from the new SU Holiday Mini, Mistletoe.  Leaves are from Falling Leaves;  here is the inside:

DSCF5132

DSCF5130

And finally, my favorite, which uses Kraft CS and Patterns DP, along with Naturals Ivory and Basic Black.  Image is from Puns from the Past; everything is sponged with Close to Cocoa for that vintage look; black brads add a little extra!  Here is the inside:

DSCF5131

Thanks for visiting today!

20 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable! I have to try these sometime!

Pam Speidel said...

Scraplings?! Who knew?! You are just too clever and creative LeAnne! :)

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Hey LeAnne! I forgot to tell you....Cathy was Ryan's first grade teacher here in Q'ville. She is awesome, isn't she!?!? (Hi Cathy!) You'll have to let me know next you guys go shopping. ;o)

Kerri said...

OOH, I love all three of these! Awesome! I love your blog and signed up to follow it!

Kerri : )

Anonymous said...

These are adorable. With all the scraps that I have, I should be able to make some of these.

Linda D.

Leslie said...

You are such an inspiration. Can't wait to try these. I have tons of scraps that I can use.

Elaine M said...

Scraplings - WOW - love em - you have the best ideas.
Elaine Moore

mudmaven said...

These are absolutely adorable - I've got to give them a try. So cute! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! ~chris

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, those are totally awesome, LeAnne!!!! I think I'll have to go upstairs and make some :D:D:D. Thanks for the inspiration and I am sure they'll love it at your workshop. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Denise Marzec said...

Oh these are SWEET, LeAnne!! Love your DP's and rounded corners. BEAUTIFULLY done, girl!

Elise said...

What a great idea, LeAnne! Me likey! You must put on some great demos! I love your work, doll! These are WONDERFUL! Thanks for the inspiration!

Carol L said...

Your scraplings are the cutest ever!! My fav is also the kraft one, I love the curvy sentiment inside. I think I'll be making a few more of these in the future!

Betty Wright said...

LeAnne, these are terrific!!! Wonderful colors and designs inside and out!!! Great scraplings!!!

Kristen H said...

These are darling cards, what a cute idea. I do a lot of 3 x 3 cards out of my 6" scraps. This is a great use of leftovers, but a cute card, just for making in general. What a darling and inspirational blog you have here. I am glad I played with the Coffee Diva's and was led here to your site!!!

Juanita said...

Darn, I love these!

dpkennedy said...

These are just adorable!

Diane Noble said...

Oh, I just love these! Scraplings...how clever. These would make fantastic club projects. Think I'll be casing!!! Thanks for sharing.

Kristin Eberline said...

These are FANTASTIC! Girl...your mojo is out of control :O) LOVE it!

Ann said...

Fantastic and FUN!

Barbara said...

Very cute!!!