Friday, September 4, 2009

A Merry Little Christmas

DSCF5121

In the crafting world, it's never too early for Christmas, right? I couldn't wait to play with my a few new SU goodies from the new Holiday Mini!

DSCF5122

Pretend that you can feel the cool flocking on the red and white panel, and that you can see the gold shimmer on the striped panel!!! A little busy, but I just had to use these images together! TFL! Edited to add: this also qualifies for the Day 188 Challenge at 365 Cards--Touchy Feely--to use flocking or felt on your card!

  • Stamps: Christmas Punch (hostess)
  • Paper: Real Red, Brushed Gold, Christmas Cocoa Specialty, Whisper White
  • Ink: Real Red
  • Acc: Big Shot, Swirls Scribble, Merry Details dies, Gold Brads, Organdy Ribbon, Wide Oval Punch

I will be having some more holiday cards in the coming days! Before I sign off, I wanted to share a lovely card I got from my new friend Cathy.....she, Denise and I went shopping together and you can see her here. Isn't this sweet? You probably cannot see the wonderful shimmer and glimmer on the vase--it is beautiful! All the details she puts into her cards make her a stand-out stamper! Thanks, Cathy!

DSCF5105

20 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty LeAnne! I love how you embellished it with the die cut flourish :) TFS

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, beautiful Christmas card, LeAnne! LOVE those colors together! And what a sweet card from Cathy... that paper she used is scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful holiday card, LeAnne! Don't ya just LOVE that new paper? I do!! I love the tag & little bird you put on this! Cute, cute, cute!
And that RAK card from Cathy is just so pretty!! I still have that retired set from SU and never use it. Her card has inspired me to pull it out and play with it over the long weekend! Her paper was so neat! TFS
Have a great Friday!

Ann said...

Oh, wow, I LOVE that patterned paper! Such a pretty card!

Juanita said...

What a great Christmas card. If you can not make a 'slightly busy' card at Christmas, when can you???
I am crazy about that flocked paper, you did great with it.

Lisa Foster said...

This is such a beautiful Christmas card! I can feel the flock and see the shimmer...oh how elegant! Your friend Cathy's card is outstanding as well...what beautiful colors! Hugs, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cathy Mac might be my newest hero (next to you and Lorraine). That card is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I'm putting this on all my friend's blogs who make cards that I admire. Coluzzal has stopped making the foam cutting pad for their templates and cutter. Do you know where I can find one?

Sabrina Jackson said...

LeAnne, what a stunning Christmas card!!!! I love the colors and it is so not traditional. GORGEOUS!!! I also like that RAK card you've received, such fun and happy colors. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Carol L said...

I kinda like that busy look myself! The the contrast is very appealing, and I love the swirls. Cathy's card is really cool with that dsp and the neat coloring! Wish I'd have been able to go and meet her (along with you and Denise) that day too, maybe next time:)
Have a great holiday weekend!

Chrissie said...

Love the Christmas card, such wonderful colours and a great design!
Chrissie

Rose said...

oh my! that Christmas card it to die for!! fantastic card for the challenge :)

Celeste said...

I don't see "busy" I see "BEAUTIFUL"

Carolyn V said...

I love your Christmas card - it's really gorgeous... and the gifty card from your friend is pretty dang great, too.

(Now if only someone would tell me what the heck RAK means... I've seen it a lot, but I have no clue what it is)

Patti J. said...

Wow, I LOVE all of those patterns together! Great descriptive paragraph by the way!!! Love your card!

Tasia D said...

Beautiful Christmas card!! Wonderful, wonderful job!

Kathleen said...

Those Holiday papers are amazing! YummY! I love that little flourish, too! Great Card LeAnne!

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Stunning card, love everything about it.

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, this is so very pretty! I love that sweet little bird!

Kristin Eberline said...

Okay...everytime I leave a quick comment I see something below it that catches my eye! For instance this GORGEOUS Christmas card! WOW!! I'll send you my address so you can send this to me this year :O) Hee hee. Seriously, your colors are fab, so is your layout and the elegant feel you achieved. FANTASTIC!