Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Diva Coffee Break Design Sketch #147

DSCF5478

 

I have to tell you, I am REALLY enjoying the sketches that Julie makes up for us Divas to use!  I look forward to them!  It is so helpful to have a sketch to get you started when your mojo is hiding somewhere!

 

So here is the Diva Coffee Break Designs  sketch for this week:

DCBD147

I needed a thank you card for a good friend who is also a customer (a very good customer), and I wanted to step it up a little, so this was a perfect sketch to use for my fall "grateful for you" card:

DSCF5480

I stamped the Autumn Harvest images in Stazon on watercolor paper, colored them with Earth Elements reinkers and my aquapainter, then cut them out and popped them up on a textured Always Artichoke panel that was stamped with the leaf image, the little dot from Itty Bitty Backgrounds and then sponged.  What a mouthful!  The panel was then mounted on a piece of distressed-edge Chocolate Chip cardstock and embellished with some twill & a corduroy button.  The sentiments, from Falling Leaves, were stamped on Thoroughly Modern DP and Sahara Sand; vintage brads finish it off.  It's a side-fold card, so that makes it a bit unique, too!  Thanks for visiting today and be sure to check out what the other Divas have designed!  You can play too!  There is a Mr Linky at the DCBD blog and we would love to have you share your creation with us!

DSCF5479

12 comments:

Elise said...

Oh, honey, baby, sweetie! This is so luscious and lovely: I'm going to have to go light a pumpkin spice candle! So glowy and magical! It reminds me... of a VERY lovely friendship card that came into the mail today...{I'm SO happy: I love it, LeAnne!} You are such a MAJOR talent and I'm always inspired by your creations!

mudmaven said...

Oh my this is truly gorgeous! I have to get over my fear of reinkers! Love this coloring job. ~chris

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous, LeAnne!!! Love everything about it!!! Great sketch, too--I'm printing it off and hope to play.

Kay Kalthoff said...

LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing, LeAnne!

Deb said...

LeAnne, this is just beautiful!!! Love the pumpkins, wonderful colouring. Thanks for sharing your creations. :-)

Juanita said...

I love your work with this sketch. You would never know you are playing hide and seek with your mojo.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Fabulous design, LeAnne! You are rockin' the sentiments lately! I love the way you combined this one and the placement of it! What a great sketch, too!

Broni said...

This is just scrumptious, LeAnne!! And your coloring is gorgeous, as usual!!

Penny Ginnery said...

LeaAnne, what a beautiful autumn card. I love it!

Kristin Moore said...

I don't know why but I can only see the left half of your card here. Either way, I know it is beautiful because I saw the entire thing in all it's glory on our Diva blog! Great job with the sketch and especially your perfect shading of those pumpkins!

Renée said...

This is GORGEOUS, LeAnne! Love the ribbon and button and your colouring!!

Stamp and Smile said...

Such a PRETTY card LeAnne!! Con'grats for being on Nancy's iPicks and for share your fantastic card. I LOVE the label punch treatment... SMILES! :)