Monday, September 7, 2009

Grateful

I needed a little gift for a special someone, so I thought I would combine a couple challenges!  The first is the CAS challenge 31 at SCS, which is to pop it up---not difficult for me at all!  The second is a new one for me, the color challenge #6 at Pals Paper Arts.  Here are the colors:

6a00e54f95df9288340120a533eb7d970b

I can't show you what's inside my little gift box, that might spoil the surprise!  But here's the finished product--a little clean and simple pizza box, 2 1/2" square, which I originally adapted from Jen DelMuro's pattern; I believe it is on SCS as well.

DSCF5163

DSCF5164This is a really fun little box to make and even though these colors are not what I would choose for a fall-themed project, I love them together!  Thanks for visiting today!

  • Stamps:  Falling Leaves, Cornelli Lace Wheel
  • Paper: Crushed Curry, Brocade Blue, WW, Patterns III DP
  • Ink:  Ruby Red, Crushed Curry, Brocade Blue
  • Acc:  Playground Button, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Dimensionals, String

Also, be sure to check out Cindy's blog--she has some wonderful blog candy! 

16 comments:

mudmaven said...

OMG this is so cute! What a great little gift. ~chris

Linda Callahan said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

So cute, LeAnne! I just made a bunch of these boxes on Saturday for my craft show. Aren't they fun! Nice job on these & I love the colors! :)

Shelly Koskinen said...

This is so cute!!! Your blog has so many great ideas.TFS.

Elaine M said...

Over the top cuteness!! Whatever you put inside, I know your friend will love it. You come up with the best ideas.
Hugs - Elaine Moore

Lisa Kind said...

I love these pizza boxes, although I don't think I've seen them this small! So cute! Love colors and how you made them work for autumn!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh VERY CUTE, LeAnne!! I like that color combo, too.

....and I had to laugh at your rootin' tootin'-ist comment...heee! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Very cute LeAnne! I love how you used these nontraditional fall colors! What a twist on a fall creation! You really were thinking outside the box!!! :) TFS

Kim Gasper said...

Oh, I love this color combination. Cute little project. Hmmm... wondering about the surprise inside!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Adorable LeAnne! Love the colours and CAS design!

Tammy Hershberger said...

You do wonders with those sweet leaf stamps! This is fabulous, and those colors are great!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Gorgeous ... I love the blue button.

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for playing @ PPA!

Juanita said...

This is so cute. Great work with those colors!

Patti MacLeith said...

Love your box and how you made it 3-d with the leaves and the button. Thanks for playing at PPA!

Margaret Moody said...

First things first, I love the name of your blog, LeAnne! I love your box, too! Great job with the challenge colors! Love your choice of stamps, too. Thanks for playing along at PPA! Join us this Thursday for a new sketch challenge!

Lynn Put said...

I love this little fall box, it's fantastic!