Sunday, October 30, 2022

PP615 Happy 90th Birthday

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Time for a new Paper Players challenge, where Anne Marie has a Tic-Tac-Toe grid for us, since it's the fifth Sunday!  Check it out:


My dad's cousin is turning ninety and a special celebration is on tap for him, so I thought I'd use the center column of die-cut, texture and birthday as my tic-tac-toe!  And here we go:


I had a little scrap of the Rings of Love DSP in my stash, so I started with that, adding a mat of Soft Suede and mounting on a Cinnamon Cider card base that was embossed with the Timber embossing folder.  I stamped the bear from Thankful Forest Friends and fussy-cut him out, then stamped the border on a diecut piece of Basic White.  I added a sentiment and numbers as well as a few metallic elements and it was done!  


Added a quick little sentiment on the inside:


I hope you'll play along with us and our tic-tac-toe grid this week!  Can't wait to see what you create!  Share it with us at the Paper Players, and check out what the design team created as well!

Thursday night the town where Cassidy takes karate lessons had their annual Halloween parade, and her karate class participated:



Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Thankful Forest Friends (ret), Best Year (ret), Number of Years (ret), Mini Numeric (Tim Holtz)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Cinnamon Cider, Soft Suede, Rings of Love DSP (ret)
 Ink Cinnamon Cider, Soft Suede
Accessories Dimensionals, Rustic Metallic Dots
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Tasteful Label Dies (ret), Timber Embossing Folder (ret)

11 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

90!! How fabulous! This is the perfect card! I love the embossed background, the bear and the beautiful trees! What a milestone to celebrate! YOUR girls are gorgeous!!!! Have a wonderful week, My Friend!

I Card Everyone said...

A darling card for that 90-year-old cousin! I love this bear and his forest! and that sweet light saber carrying kid!
=]

Jennie Maier said...

LeAnne, cute card for a very special celebration! Have a great week!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cute! Hope you can send me a card when I’m 90!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the textured background and woodsy feel of your card LeAnne - great for a special birthday!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I love that little bear! This is sure to make that cousin feel extra special, LeAnne, it's fantastic!

Christy Lynn said...

This is adorable, LeAnne! That bear stamp has long been one of my favorites, he's made quite a few appearances on my scrapbook pages :) I love the textured card base.

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, LeAnne! It's a perfect card for celebrating a milestone like a 90th birthday. The textured card base looks amazing with the tree paper. Cassidy is maturing into a beautiful young lady. She looks so much like her mom...both are gorgeous!

laurie said...

90 thats awesome and so is your card! Love the textured background!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun card for a fabulous milestone birthday celebration! That little bear is the cutest!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh my goodness, you have a lovely daughter and granddaughter, they are beauties! I just love this sweet bear, and how well he looks for the 90th celebration. I love seeing your creations, they are always great design, well thought out and personalized too.