Saturday, October 8, 2022

IB206 October Thinking of You

Happy Saturday, peeps!  It's hayride and bonfire time tonight at church, and the weather should be perfect for it, so I am looking forward to some fun family time together!  I did get in a little time to stamp yesterday; it has been a bit of a hectic week with not much stamping time. I needed a  birthday card and the Inspired By challenge is back up and running, and their photo inspiration was so pretty:


I had lots of ideas but not much time, so I concentrated on the picture of the pumpkins on the wall, and pulled out some of the Recollections Thankful Heart papers that featured pumpkins, to make my uber-simple card:


I had a piece of Kraft paper floating around on my desk, so I embossed a sentiment from Peaceful Moments and diecut it into a banner.  I added another banner of some watercolored Bumblebee cardstock along with some Blushing Bride Metallic ribbon, all tied together with some Linen Thread:

I added a birthday sentiment from the same set to the inside.  It will be ready to mail tomorrow!  Thanks for visiting today!

So this happened this week:

Yep, braces!  She said they hurt a little bit by the end of the day, but I am sure she'll get used to it!  

Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"Then the Lord said to Cain, "Why are you angry?  Why is your face downcast?  If you do what is right, will you not be accepted?  But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it."  Genesis 4:6-7

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Peaceful Moments
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Kraft, Bumblebee (ret), Thankful Heart DSP (Recollections)
 Ink Craft White, Cajun Craze
Accessories Linen Thread, Blushing Bride Metallic Ribbon (ret), White Embossing Powder
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies, Aquapainter, Heat Tool

12 comments:

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful, LeAnne! Love those pumpkins and the touch of Blushing Bride! And Miss Cassidy couldn't be more cuter with her braces! That reminded me of when Ryan got his braces on. Hope she does well with them! Happy Saturday and enjoy your fun evening at church with your family! The weather will be perfect for a bon fire!

Carol L said...

What a perfect autumn card with those pumpkins! My goodness, Cassidy is growing up right before our eyes and what a great smile too! Have fun on the hayride tonight :)

Kampin' Karen said...

I LOVE this card! It's such pretty DSP. How you put the banners together was great. I don't think I've seen a prettier girl with braces. Nothing can detract from that smile. Have a blessed weekend.

I Card Everyone said...

As is always the case, you had the PERFECT paper, LeAnne! Even the colors are a match! Love the way you dressed it up!
=]

Anonymous said...

Great Card!! What Stamp did you use for the pumpkins!!! Cassidy is looking more like her beautiful mother and grandmother every single day!! Tell her Hang In There!!! I got my braces when I was 40 and no, you don't get used to the pain. It's in your face, literally!

lisa808 said...

Cassidy sure is growing up. She looks so much like Dana.

Lovely Fall card.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful! Awesome paper and a lovely sentiment!

~amy~ said...

This is so lovely LeAnne! The paper is perfectly perfect for the Inspired by Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty pumpkin paper! Terrific card, LeAnne. Braces are in Sweet P's future too. Hang in there, Cassidy ;)

Laurel said...

Pretty girls and gorgeous card!

maria f. said...

So beautiful! Perfect interpretation of the inspo photo.

Anonymous said...

Great take on the challenge ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›