Wednesday, October 26, 2022

AHSC496 Thank You

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  Today is my busy day-errands, working at church, grocery--trying to make all my trips on one day to save on gas, right? I had a very relaxed day yesterday but I did make one card for the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge:


The sketch had a lot of elements in it and I wasn't sure if I felt motivated enough to create something that detailed, but I did need a thank you card for a customer, so I pulled out Cottage Wreath and the matching Country Wreath dies and went to work!  First, I just diecut a punch of leave and foliage pieces and then put them in my pre-cut diecut templates in my Stamparatus so I could stamp them easily.  Did the same with the wreath shape and finally decided on what papers to use!  So here we go:


I may have gone a wee bit overboard with the foliage...but I kept tucking things in here and there and I finally decided I'd better stop! I did find that using Glue Dots to adhere the smaller pieces is much neater than trying to use glue! The card base is Crushed Curry with a mat of He's the Man DSP.  I embossed and sponged a panel of Very Vanilla with the Pinewood Planks EF, then cut four 3/8" pieces of some plaid DSP for the horizontal elements.  I stamped the wreath in Crumb Cake and added "foliage" in Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze, then a few more elements in the same colors:


The sentiment is from the retired Teeny Tiny Wishes, and I added some Faceted Gems and gold rhinestones for fun!  It's already in the mail!  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Cottage Wreaths, Teeny Tiny Wishes (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, He's the Man DSP, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Cajun Craze DSPs (ret)
 Ink Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze
Accessories Faceted Gems, Holiday Rhinestones (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Country Wreaths Dies, Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder, Sponge Dauber

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

No way is there too much, LeAnne! Every little tucked in thing is perfect! Love the dsps, the woodgrain embossing, and these colors - wow!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! Beautiful wreath with perfect fall colors!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the texture in your card, and what a beautiful wreath made with your stamps and die cuts. Don't forget to share with us at Double Trouble's "Let's Get A-Round to It" since you have met our requirement with your circular wreath. Double Trouble's link is on the AHSC... please join us.

Dena J said...

Gorgeous papers, colors and textures! A stunning creation, LeAnne. Thank you for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this is pretty! The colors are fabulous and I like all of the foliage!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Great color choices and wonderful interpretation of the sketch! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.
:) Marie
AHSC DT

Anna said...

What a classy card. I love all of the different types of leaves you included. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, AHSC Design Team

Brandi said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the texture of the embossing on the off white behind the wreath and that wreath...wow! Stunning! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).