Saturday, August 13, 2022

TGIFC381 A Certain Someone's Birthday

Happy Saturday, peeps!  Wow, the weather has cooled off and the weekend is fabulous!  Hubby went fishing with a bunch of friends and relatives down in Maryland, so I have the whole day to do whatever I want!  Which is mostly stamp, LOL!  After picking beans!  Anyway, a certain someone is having a 12th birthday next week so I thought I'd get her card made and out of the way because we have some busy days coming up!  I used the sketch from TGIF:


and here we go!  Now, a disclaimer:  she doesn't like girly girly stuff and she prefers neutral colors and she LOVES playing on her XBox.  I have a set from Paper Smooches that features some computer-y stuff and there was a little controller in it, so that's where I started:


I stamped the controller in Memento Black and colored it in with some Copics, along with a silver gel pen, which you can't see!  I diecut it and popped it up on another circle of Papertrey's Honey Nut cardstock.  The background papers are from my stash and I have had them for ages!  And the letters are from a really, really old Sissix/Stampin Up die set called Timeless Type Alphabet Junior!  Anyone remember them?  I diecut them from Basic Black and adhered them to the banner.


I had some fun with the inside; I stamped a sentiment from a Spellbinder sentiment collection, then added the "12" in Bumblebee ink right over top:


Goodness, it's hard to believe she's going to be twelve!  We plan to go canoeing and/or tubing sometime next week for her birthday.  We did it last year and we really enjoyed it...hoping the day is clear and sunny!  Thanks for popping in today!

We've had lots of nature sightings around our home lately!  Here's a little chipmunk that lives under our shed and comes out to nibble on the birdseed that falls from the feeder above:


This little toad gave me a jump as I was picking beans!  He almost blended in with the dirt, but I spied him!


This little skipper decided he might want to go for a ride to the mailbox:


And Cassidy and her two little cousins came across this box turtle on Aunt Louise's driveway!  We haven't seen a box turtle in years!  Cassidy kindly helped it to the woods!



I just love nature!  Thanks for popping in today, enjoy it and be blessed!

"So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.  And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:21

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps  Number of Years (ret), Teen Routine (Paper Smooches), STP-2 Sentiments (Spellbinders)
Card stock & Papers     Basic Black, Naturals White (ret), Honey Nut (Papertrey), Misc patterned papers from my stash
 Ink Memento Black, Bumblebee
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies

4 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I think Cassidy will be happy with the card you created for her. 12?? where did the years go? Enjoy your day and thanks for sharing nature with your followers. I'm surprised the chippy is content with the droppings and doesn't try to get to the feeder.

Vickie said...

Great card idea. i have loved watching your Cassidy grow up….next year…Big Teenager….she is lovely LeAnne

I Card Everyone said...

I just love coming to your blog, LeAnne! Always fun photos to top off your darling cards!
12! Oh, don't blink, my friend! It goes very quickly from here on out! Happy birthday, Cassidy!
She's gonna love it, Grammy - I LOVE that gorgeous gold and grey paper!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I have one who's not into girly things either...Frozen forget it LOL! Your soon to be 12 year old will love this, the colors are terrific! Cute nature photos. I just love chipmunks!