Tuesday, August 2, 2022

RRCB188 Anything Goes

 Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Time for a new Retro Rubber challenge, where we dust off those older stamps (at least a year old, tell us how old if you can!) and give them some love.  Our theme this week is "Anything Goes"!


I pulled out a really old Cornish Heritage Farm stamp from their June 2009 Stamp of the Month; I am not even sure of the name of the stamp itself!  But here we go:


I used the sketch from TSOT along with some "retro" papers as well:


I stamped the image with Stazon ink on some Naturals White cardstock, then lightly watercolored the edges, flowers and bees with reinkers.  I added a Baja Breeze "stitched" border and some gold ribbon and twine embellishment:


My papers are from Authentique's Meadow (yellow print) and My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose: Mabel (lower border).  The sentiment is from Darcie's Heart and Home, BEEutiful, which is from 2012.  I stamped it in Stazon as well and used punches to cut it out.  Finally, I added some yellow sequins and another Baja Breeze border to tie all the colors together!


I hope you'll come play with our "Anything Goes" challenge this week...remember to use stamps that are at least a year old and tell us their approximate age!  Share it with us at the Retro Rubber blog so everyone can see it!  Thanks for popping in today!

A few more cards:

This is from my sweet friend Colleen; I love the bird and the little embroidered flowers!


Sandy sent this pretty vellum-layered beauty:


And I must give my friend Karen kudos for her awesome coloring and fussy-cutting!  Wowza!


And this pretty array of florals is from my sweet friend Renita!


Thank you so much, ladies!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them.  Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you.  Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom.  Though it cost all you have, get understanding." Proverbs 4:5-7


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps BEEutiful (Darcie's Heart & Home) June 2009 SOTM (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White (ret), Baja Breeze (ret), Rococo Rose (ret), Meadow DSP (Authentique), Stella & Rose: Mabel DSP (My Mind's Eye)
 Ink Stazon Black, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Baja Blue (ret),Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake
Accessories Gold Ribbon (ret), Linen Thread, Sequins (Sylvia's on etsy), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Labels Framelits Dies (ret), Penned Flowers Dies, Oval Punch & Scalloped Oval Punch (both ret), Aquapainter

12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

So many BEE-U-tiful details, LeAnne! That yellow print would be a first pick for a dress when I was a little girl!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

I don’t ever remember seeing this stamp before! It’s so cute! Love this!

Tracy Grauer said...

What a lovely card with your retro stamps!

Heather said...

Oh gosh, LeAnne, that bee set is brilliant - LOVE that card! And so fun to have card friends to play along, too - wonderful designs all 'round!

Bonnie said...

What a fun stamp and the perfect papers to go with it!

Lisa Elton said...

This is as charming as it can BEE!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne, I just love every single detail on this card. That stamp with all the choices is fun and beautiful, lovely selection of DSP too!!
Awesome card, teammate.
XO
Maria.

Donna Scholz said...

LeAnne, your card is BeeUtiFul! Love all the little details you incluced to give it texture and depth!! Great use of our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch (you even include polka dotsd!). Thank you for sdharing your card and playing along with us!!! -Donna

libbystamps said...

Lovely cards! Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday for Challenge 566!

Anna said...

What a sweet card! I love the details and the fun bee theme. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, TSOT Design Team

Donna Scholz said...

Congratulations, LeAnne! Your lovely card was selected as one of Try Stampin' on Tuesday's "Top 3"!!! -Donna

Donna Scholz said...

Congratulations, LeAnne! Your lovely card was selected as one of Try Stampin' on Tuesday's "Top 3"!!! -Donna