Sunday, August 21, 2022

PP605 CAS Nautical

Happy Sunday, peeps! Time for a new Paper Players challenge, with Laurie as our hostess!  I had to remember that it is a CLEAN AND SIMPLE challenge!!


I pulled out a real old set called Nursery Necessities, which obviously by the name, is a baby set, but it has a cute little sailboat in it that I thought would be great for a CAS card!  So here we go:


I stamped and fussy-cut each section of the boat, using Sweet Sorbet, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green and Misty Moonlight as my colors.  I perched it upon a Balmy Blue "sea" diecut with the little wavy die from the Hippo dies and embossed with the Seaside embossing folder.  I added a sentiment from the retired Label Me Bold and a stitched circular mat:


I know Granny Apple Green is not traditionally a nautical color, but I liked the bright colors together! I used the sketch from FMS too:

I hope you'll find some inspiration from our challenge this week...just don't forget to make it clean and simple!  You can find other samples over at the Paper Players blog...then share yours with us too!

Another part of Cassidy's birthday celebration was a Stranger Things Escape Room!  I think they made it with four minutes to spare!


Thanks for visiting today...enjoy it and be blessed!

"Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth.  Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling.  Kiss the Son, lest he be angry and you be destroyed in your way, for his wrath can flare up in a moment.  Blessed are all who take refuge in him." Psalm 2:10-12


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Label Me Bold, Nursery Necessities (both ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Granny Apple Green
 Ink Granny Apple Green, Sweet Sorbet, Daffodil Delight, Misty Moonlight (ret)
Accessories Resin Stars (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Layering Circle Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Hippo Dies

14 comments:

Vickie said...

Sweet clean card…how do you fussy cut so well with leaving a little white…I just can’t do…looks like a die cut to me . Great job!
Where did Casey get that huge cupcake? She is lovely

Jennie Maier said...

LeAnne, this is so cute and colorful! That sailboat is perfect for the nautical theme! And the Stranger Things escape room sounds so fun yet creepy! Have a great week!

I Card Everyone said...

I love your 'primary' colors, LeAnne! What a sweet little boat!
We have done an escape room with two of our granddaughters - really helps to have all those brains working together! That's a really good time!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a cute card! I love the colors you used.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love this sweet nautical scene! Great colors and love the touch of dimension in the water. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jen Timko said...

Adorable little boat and such a fun use of the sketch. And I love the pop from the green. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Ida said...

Love the bright and cheery color scheme. Such a fun card. The birthday girl looks happy & cute. The escape room sounds fun. I've never done one.

Linda Callahan said...

It's like peeking through a periscope at that sweet scene! Adorable card! And Miss C is so grown up - and gorgeous! Happy Birthday to her - looks like a fun celebration!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a sweet card LeAnne! I love the boat and those fun waves! Love the bright, cheery colours as well! How is Cassidy so grown up? I feel like it was just yesterday we were seeing her as a wee tyke running around! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, LeAnne! Such fun colors with the "pop" of Granny Apple Green. It is a delightful clean and simple card. Oh my gosh...I would have been right there with Cassidy for the Stranger Things escape room. What fun!

_chevron2 said...

such a fun nautical card! i love the detail!

Cindy Beach said...

I had to laugh! I always have a hard time remembering CAS week. You rocked this one! I love the bold colors and added textures. So fun!

Christy Lynn said...

The circular frame makes me think of a porthole, which just fits in perfectly with the nautical theme. Great job on this, LeAnne!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love, love, LOVE how this color combo pops on the clean background. The green is such a fun addition to the "traditional" nautical color palette. Such a fun and happy card!