Wednesday, August 3, 2022

AHSC484 Peace to You

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  I just received the Tree Lot dies...so much fun...and had to use them to create a card for the Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge.  Here's their sketch for the week:


Nice, basic and fun sketch!  So here's the card:

Pretty simple; I cut the trees from Basic White, Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent, then mounted them on a panel of Lights Aglow DSP.  Before mounting, I cut a "snowbank" using the retired Sleigh Ride dies....remember them?  I like how the three trees offset my main trees!  I stamped a sentiment from the new Peace to You in Soft Succulent, and added a little Soft Succulent stitched border at the bottom.  My final addition was two wee little stars of Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper to embellish the sentiment:


Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Instead of birthday cards today (I'll come back to them tomorrow), I thought I'd share a video that John made with his new cell phone.  This is the man who resisted getting rid of his flip phone until he absolutely HAD to.  Now he loves it!  We were on our patio after dinner and the hummers were quite busy...he had to wait a couple of minutes, but it was worth the wait!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Peace to You
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent, Lights Aglow DSP, Dazzling Diamonds DSP (ret)
 Ink Soft Succulent
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Tree Lot Dies, Sports Event Dies, Sleigh Ride Dies (ret), Stitched Be Mine Dies (ret)

12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Those snow-covered trees look like iced Christmas cookies! So pretty and beautiful starry background dsp, too!
How fun - next thing you know he'll be on Instagram sharing - ask me how I know. I think I heard a Redtail Hawk in the background!
=]

Dena J said...

Beautiful snowy trees, LeAnne! Such a peaceful and pretty card. Thank you for sharing your project at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Kampin' Karen said...

He did a great job catching the hummer in action. Is that a new feeder? Your card is lovely and a great use of those dies which I haven't opened yet!

GerriK said...

LeeAnne,
I love this card!!! Simple but beautiful!
BTW, I have been trying to get my husband to get rid of his flip phone for years. Still working on it.

Alyson Mayo said...

What a terrific winter card - love the monochromatic colour scheme! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

Lisa Elton said...

That is a fun die! The trees in the foreground look frosted!

Wendy said...

Love this! Those Tree Lot Dies are pretty cool and could be used for any kind of card! Great colors, paper and design, LeAnne! TFS and stay cool today!

pssmitty papercrafts said...

This creates such a pretty scene!
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S, Design Team

Brandi said...

Fabulous, I love the white embossing on the green papers. I love it! ! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Anna said...

Your card is so festive and classy. I love the monochromatic color scheme and the wonderful patterned paper you have included. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, AHSC Design Team

Golden Goddess Designs said...

LeAnn, what a lovely creation. Thank you for playing along with us Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Good luck!

Alicia

Michelle said...

I love your card! I love a good winter scene and this one is gorgeous! You've used our sketch well. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.