Tuesday, August 23, 2022

SS290 Times Two

Happy Tuesday, folks!  Is it really only Tuesday?  I feel like it should be at least Thursday...it's been a busy start of the week already! I made a card yesterday for the Christmas Card Throwdown theme as well as the Sunday Stamps sketch, then realized I messed up the sketch part!  So I made another one just using the sketch! (I will show you the messed-up one too.)  But first let's see the sketch:


I had been playing around with the new Cottage Wreath bundle, but hadn't really made anything with it, so I had all these wreaths laying around on my desk, so I decided to put one to use.  I got out some Cajun Craze DSPs and went to work:


This particular wreath was stamped with Cajun Craze and Versamark on Vellum, then heat-embossed with clear embossing powder and die cut.  I added a Cinnamon Cider bow and a sentiment from Celebrate Sunflowers, and stuck on some Gilded Gems.  It all went on a Very Vanilla circle:


I added a little filgreen diecut under the banner, and here's the inside, with another wreath outline and a sentiment from Color and Contour:


Here's my original one; the theme for the Christmas Card Throwdown was sledding or skiing:


I pulled out an old stamp; not even sure who made it, maybe Lost Coast Designs, of two children sledding and I it's one of my favorites!  Stamped in Misty Moonlight, it went well with some Carter Bella Welcome Winter papers:

I colored the sky with a pale gray Copic, then added a sentiment from an old stamp from my stash!  The banner looked a little plain, so I added two glimmer diecut snowflakes to match the fun Metallic Mesh ribbon that I used for the horizontal piece.  My error on this card was that I centered the banner, but I certainly wasn't going to chuck it, LOL!  


On the inside, I added a sentiment from Papertrey Ink:


Thanks for visiting today!

A family birthday party for the birthday girl...it was a long week of celebrating!




Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Cottage Wreath, Celebrate Sunflowers, Color & Contour
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Vellum, Cajun Craze DSP
 Ink Cinnamon Cider (ret), Cajun Craze, Vellum, Pale Papaya
Accessories Dimensionals, Gilded Gems
Tools     Big Shot, Country Wreath Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Nature's Thoughts Dies (ret)

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sledding Boys (Lost Coast Designs?), Daily Design Sentiments (Papertrey), Misc Merry Christmas
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Welcome Winter (Carta Bella), Silver Glimmer 
 Ink Misty Moonlight (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals, Metallic Mesh Ribbon
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Snowflake Dies (ret), Stitched Nested Labels Dies (ret), Copics

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, LeAnne, you've got that right - chuck it?? Out of the question! So pretty, as is the second round!
=]

Heather said...

Wow, LeAnne, this is really pretty - and so amazing in all that Cajun Craze! PERFECT Fall card, love those DSPs together! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

dj said...

Fall is just around the corner and your take on are sketch has me really looking forward to it!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us over at Sunday Stamps!!

Lisa Elton said...

I've been a day ahead this week and it's only Tuesday LOL! Two fabulous cards today, LeAnne. I'm not ready for fall yet, but I like those warm colors!

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful cards. I, too, love the image of the two littles sledding! As for the sketch, I say it's open for interpretation! Center, off-centered...it's all good!

Wendy said...

Both of your cards are so pretty, LeAnne! I love the Fall wreath card and the colors and your Christmas card is super pretty, too! I love that blue snowflake paper! Hope Miss Cassidy had a wonderful birthday! TFS and have yourself a wonderful day!

Fabiola said...

oh wow c'est superbe, j'aime cette ambiance vintage, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Stef Perry said...

Both cards are so fabulous LAnne! The Cajun Craze monochromatic design makes my Fall loving heart so happy, especially with the pretty wreath, and the sledding card is very fun with the kid's scene and snowflake background. Thank you so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! You used the theme very nicely! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow so much to see here! Love the Cajun Craze foe fall and the blue silhouette is fabulous - gorgeous card! Happy Birthday to Miss C!!

Erin said...

Adorable card, the fall colors are so pretty!