Wednesday, September 8, 2021

TCC159 Purple Pumpkin

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  It's time for the Card Concept challenge to begin again after our summer break!  Check out this amazing inspiration photo Julie wrangled up for us:

 

I was really challenged by this because you know I'm not a purple gal!  BUT I really wanted to highlight that pretty purple leaf, and it matched our Fresh Freesia so well, I just jumped right in with the leafy pumpkin image from Pretty Pumpkins.  Nowadays, pumpkins come in a plethora of colors, but I am not sure I've ever seen a purple one!


For my clean and layered card, I began by stamping a pumpkin in each of Fresh Freesia, Soft Succulent, Crushed Curry and the retired Primrose Petals colors, then fussy-cutting leaves from each color to adhere on to the Freesia one.  For my background, I stamped images from one of my fall favorites, French Foliage, on a piece of Fresh Freesia and embossed it with the Timeworn Type EF.  I added a couple of little tendrils in Soft Succulent and made a sentiment from Biggest Wish and Ornate Thanks:


My sketch inspiration is from the GDP challenge for this week:

What will inspire you from our photo this week?  Be sure to check out the different styles on the Card Concept blog, then share your beautiful creation with us too.  And while you're there, see what the DT came up with as well...they're gorgeous, as usual!  Thanks for popping in today!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Biggest Wish, Ornate Thanks, French Foliage (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Crushed Curry, Fresh Freesia, Soft Succulent
 Ink Fresh Freesia, Soft Succulent, Crushed Curry, Primrose Petals (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Detailed Pumpkins Dies, Ornate Frames Dies, Penned Flowers Dies, Patterned Pumpkin Dies (ret), Timeworn Type EF

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful cards! I love fall

I Card Everyone said...

I think I just met my newest embossing folder, LeAnne!! OH is this beautiful, stamped in your bright purplish fresh freesia! A gorgeous mix of Autumn colors on your sweet little pumpkin, too! Hey - did you get your curry on your vacation?
Such a gorgeous challenge photo - I might want to play along!!
=]

Wendy said...

Ohhh, I just love this, LeAnne! The colors and design is perfect! And that embossing folder ROCKS! Well done!

Lisa Elton said...

I love that you embraced the pretty lilac color on this one, LeAnne! That's one pretty little pumpkin and this is one fabulous card!

Lorraine said...

You've captured that leave wonderfully. I love a little purple added to the traditional fall colors and you've really highlighted it well.

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE the textured background with the stamping. It looks amazing with the colorful pumpkin!!