Tuesday, September 14, 2021

RRCB167 Thoughts and Prayers

Hey all, happy Tuesday, and time for another Retro Rubber challenge, where we show some love to our older stamps!  We've got an awesome sketch for you....here we go:


For my card, I only used one stamp from 2018, Wishing You Well, paired with some gorgeous fall papers that I've been hoarding:


I snipped out part of an image from the paper pack and diecut the remaining with a circle die, then backed it with some Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock that I sponged with some Crumb Cake ink:


I stamped the sentiment in Pear Pizzazz and diecut it into a banner:


The other layers are all from the paper pad, and I did add a wee strip of rose-colored glimmer paper to complement that little rosy leaf, but in hindsight, wish I hadn't added it....but it is what it is!

So, I hope that this sketch inspires you to pull out some of your older stamps....remember, they need to be at least a year old, and tell us the approximate age in your post!  Can't wait to see what you create!  Share it with us at Retro Rubber!

Wayne is on the tech team at our church and he helps project the songs, Bible verses and prayers on to the screen at the front.  His "office" is in the balcony of our church, and since the other tech guy was on vacation, he recruited Cassidy to help...and she did a pretty good job!  Sometimes the worship leader wants to sing a chorus again, and you have to be on your toes to make sure the right words stay on the screen, and she was right on cue!  



Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it on the seas and established it on the waters."  Psalm 24:1
 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Wishing You Well (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Sahara Sand, Basic White, Crisp Cantaloupe (ret), Rose Glimmer Paper (ret), Thankful Heart DSP (Recollections)
 Ink Pear Pizzazz
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Layering Circles Dies, Banner Dies (Nestabilities), Adorning Accents Dies (ret)

6 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I love the watercolored look of your card. Cassidy is going to go far in life...that's not an easy task to keep up with worship leaders!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne we could take a lesson in loose water coloring from this gorgeous dsp - man, is that gorgeous! You've used it in such a perfect way.
We might take computer lessons from Cassidy! I'll never forget handing the phone to my 11 year old when it came time to hook up our VCR!!
=]

Bonnie said...

I think I'd still be hoarding this paper, LeAnne! Good for you cutting into it!

Lisa Elton said...

I think we had that paper collection at the 12 Kits of Occasions and it's a beauty! You've used it to perfection LeAnne, this is wonderful! What a great learning experience for Cassidy!

Ilene B. said...

I can't believe how Cassidy has grown, I have been following your blog since she was born!!! She is amazing!

Jan Clothier said...

This is so softly romantic and dreamy - beautiful papers.