Tuesday, September 28, 2021

RRCB168 Peaceful Tree

 Hi everyone!  Tuesday means Retro Rubber!  Yay!  This week we've got a tic-tac-toe grid for your inspiration:


I chose the middle row down:  greens, trees and die; it also fulfills the diagonal of one-word sentiment, trees and a bow!  Here we go:


This tree is image is from Flourishes from 2008, one of my first photopolymer sets!  I stamped it on a panel of Basic White with Soft Succulent ink and ran it through the Big Shot with a snowy embossing folder.  The "peace" diecut is from Papertrey, and it was diecut with some green glimmer paper from a few year back; it's mounted on a Tailor Made Tag and embellished with some ribbon and silver twine:


I must have used an older piece of Whisper White for my tag; it definitely has a different white tint than the new Basic White, and the ink stamped a bit differently on it!  I really didn't think there was much of a difference, but I can see it!  Not so much that the recipient will notice, but my eye did pick it up!  Anyway, I hope you'll find some ideas from our grid this week and share you retro creation with us!  Remember that your stamps have to be a least a year old, and you must tell us the approximate age!  Can't wait to see what you create!


Thanks for visiting---enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Trees (Flourishes, 2008)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Soft Succulent, Mint Macaron Glimmer Paper (ret)
 Ink Soft Succulent
Accessories Soft Succulent Sheer Ribbon, Silver Twine (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Tailor Made Tags Dies, Peace Die (Papertrey), Snowing Die (ret)

8 comments:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

This is a beautiful card, LeAnne! I really like how you stamped the bottom of the tree on the tag. What a great picture of you and John! Frame-worthy, for sure!!

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect holiday card! And I love your photo….you guys look great!

Wendy said...

Another pretty Christmas card, LeAnne! Love the colors and your Peace tag! The glitter paper is the perfect to to adding sparkle to your card! Love it! Beautiful picture of you & John, too! Frame worthy! <3

Kampin' Karen said...

Your card is great and so is the pic of you and John.

I Card Everyone said...

Darling card, LeAnne - isn't it funny what the maker sees? I am even surprised by how the ink shows on the different whites - but I wouldn't change a thing! Among a favorite of all sets of dies from PTI!
=]

Melissa Grant said...

Beautiful LeAnne! You inspire me to join in and play along!!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the way yo'uve used the tag not to mention the sparkle! Cute pic of you and John!

Lorraine said...

I love the way you overlapped the tree onto the tag. I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference in the whites myself. Great picture of the two of you!