Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Banner Year Banners

 Hi peeps!  I am still catching up from vacation, so I thought I'd share a card I made last month but never posted! Banner Year is such a fun little stamp set; it has lots of great holiday images and sentiments, and I realized there were a few I had never gotten inky! I needed a thank you for a customer, so this is what I came up with:


I started by stamping the acorns and holly berries (I know, it's weird, but I thought it looked cute) on a Crumb Cake card base.  I diecut three banners from Very Vanilla with a die from Tasteful Labels and stamped my images on each one.  I added a little Mossy Meadow braided trim and a sentiment from Ornate Thanks and it was done!  It was simple and fun, and I love the bright colors against the neutral background!  Thanks for popping in today!


While on vacation, John and I visited a replica of the Santa Maria; it was built in Spain and travels all over, stopping at various ports for a couple months at a time for tourists to take a look at how those sailors (40 of them on this tiny boat) sailed across the Atlantic so long ago!


The crew is Spanish but spoke excellent English and was very knowledgeable about the ship; in Columbus' day, the only crew member that had a bunk was the captain!  All the sailors had to sleep on deck....can you imagine, in the wind and rain, and no bathroom facilities.  No thanks!  Luckily, this crew will have an engine to use on their trip back to Spain (as well as facilities), but they do use their sails as much as possible.  They estimate it will take a month to return.


As many times as I've been sailing and on a boat, I've never gotten seasick, but I felt a wee bit queasy on this one...not sure why!  I didn't get many pictures because I got dizzy looking up!  I am sure the heat and humidity didn't help any!  I did snag one of us:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out." Proverbs 10:9

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Banner Year, Ornate Thanks
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
 Ink Crumb Cake, Cinnamon Cider, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Bumblebee, Old Olive
Accessories Dimensionals, Mossy Meadow Braided Trim (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Tasteful Labels Dies

3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

A very cute card to say thanks to a customer, LeAnne - I think it's very sweet of you to do so!
Did your sailor want to sign up for that voyage? I think not! I get seasick just saying the word!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is super cute! So sorry you got seasick, cute picture though!

craftylady1952@gmail.com said...

I was interested to see your post of the Santa Maria. I live in Bay City, MI at the base of Lake Huron and the Saginaw Bay. We have had many tall ships come to our city during our tall ships festival. I'm not sure when that is scheduled to happen again...this pandemic has changed so many things, but when we have it, we usually have anywhere from 5 to 8 tall ships docked on our river at one time. Always a sight to see for sure.