Thursday, September 30, 2021

IB189 with a Guest!

Hi stampers!  This is a very special Thursday at Inspired By!  Today we're having company!  Yep, we've each asked a guest stamper to stamp with us!  You can see all the DT and their friends over at the IB blog...be sure to pop over and give them some love!  But first, let's look at our inspiration photos...fall and the holidays, both gorgeous:

My guest is the oh-so-sweet Linda Callahan!  I have met Linda a couple of times at SU conventions and she is a delight!  She's fun to be around and an awesome stamper to boot!  She chose the first photo for her card and look at this stunner:

She nailed it!  I feel like I could reach right out and take a bite from one of those apples!  Yum!  I chose to use the second photo inspiration for my card; that little galvanized bucket with the Christmas trees on it was calling my name:

It's hard to tell, but the gray elements are my card are actually Brushed Silver cardstock; I stamped the (very old) Cornish Heritage Farms sentiment in Stazon ink and used elements from the Sparkle of the Season bundle to create my wreath:



The panel behind it was embossed with the Pinewood Planks EF, and the buffalo check is a digital paper!  I had an extra little leaf left over, so I added to the inside of my Old Olive card along with a sentiment from Christmas to Remember:


I am also entering this at the Make the Cards challenge this week, where they are looking for "Country Life & Buffalo Plaid"!


I hope you'll play along with us this week...lots of inspiration to get your creative juices flowing!  Linda and I are happy that you popped in!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sparkle of the Season, Christmas to Remember, Winter Vintage Signage (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Brushed Silver (ret), Digital Paper
 Ink Stazon Black, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Accessories Dimensionals, Black Gingham Ribbon
Tools     Big Shot, Pinewood Planks EF (ret), Ornate Frames Dies, Seasonal Swirls Dies

16 comments:

Nancy said...

LeAnne, Your card turned out way better than mine! I should have stuck with pinecones instead of trying to make babies breath. LOL Love your checked bow and fun greeting! Really awesome job! I would play cards with you any day! Hugs!

I Card Everyone said...

Linda happens to be one of MY favorite peeps in all of blogland, LeAnne! She and I share a pun-y sense of humor - but the two of you share a talent for card making that knows no bounds!
LOve both cards for endless reasons! Your buffalo check, and Linda's brilliantly colored apples, to name just a few!
=]

Danni Reid said...

Both cards are so beautiful! Love the delicious apples and design, such a treat to open an envelope and pull this card out! And that wreath has stolen my heart with those adorable pinecones and leaves, show-stopping!

Linda Callahan said...

First thank you so much for inviting me to "play cards" with you and your fabulous team! I should have realized this was Michele's challenge...lol...I adore Buffalo check - total fan of the country look! The wreath is perfect and I love the Christmas trees for sale sign! Beautiful card!

Vickie said...

Love them both LeAnne..nicely done

Lorraine said...

Beautiful both! Loving those silver and grays for the holidays.

Lisa Elton said...

You and Linda make a perfect crafting team, LeAnne! Her basket of apples on that windowsill looks good enough to eat! Then there's your pretty little wreath sprinkled with pine cones and silver holly. Two marvelous cards!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful Christmas card LeAnne! The background paper and the wreath are perfect for this challenge! Loving Linda's card too :)

Lynn Put said...

Both cards are wonderful! LeAnne your card is perfect for the challenge with your pretty Christmas wreath and buffalo check!

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty, natural wreath, LeAnne! Linda's apples look ready to eat!

Denise Willerton said...

Such beautiful cards by two amazing creators!!! what a lovely idea to stamp with a friend ~ sigh!!!! love the plaid, the apples...well I could go on and on ~ TFS and have a blessed day LeAnne :-) ((hugs))

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

You both excelled yourself with 2 fabulous cards - I love them both!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Those all turned out gorgeous! Perfect to go along with our challenge at Make the Cards, thank you for sharing with us!

Allisa said...

Such a great set of cards! I am a huge fan of Linda's work as well. I just love the bitty pinecones on your wreath! Thanks for playing with us at Make the Cards Challenge!

Kim S said...

LOVE them both (Linda is one of my faves!!!) I love your use of that wreath. I want that set so badly but I already have too many wreaths. But I love all of the details in these wreaths. Your card may have finally convinced me. It's perfect in the basic colors with the buffalo check!

Darlene said...

FABULOUS cards LeAnne! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!