Tuesday, July 20, 2021

RRCB163

Hi stampers!  Tuesday brings us a new Retro Rubber challenge, where we give some love to our older stamps!  This week we have a tic-tac-toe for you:


Unfortunately, I needed another sympathy card for my daughter's cousins who lost their dad recently.  I chose the top row across of masculine, square and mechanical, using an older Artistic Outpost stamp set called The Outpost, which is probably ten years old:


I stamped the image in Soft Suede on some Naturals White cardstock and sponged in some color to give it a bit more depth.  The mat is stamped with a script stamp from the same set and it was distressed by dabbing a Sahara Sand ink pad directly on the paper, then fraying the edges with the edge of my acrylic ruler.  I mounted it on a piece of woodgrain DSP and added a sympathy sentiment from Hero Arts (I've had it for years) stamped on Crumb Cake and diecut with a banner die:


I hope you come play with our tic-tac-toe board this week...it's got a bit of a masculine vibe to it and we all know those are the most challenging cards to create, so take advantage of the ideas on the board!  Just be sure to use stamps that are at least a year old and tell us how old they are!  See you at Retro Rubber!

Shark alert!


Thanks for visiting!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

 "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."  Proverbs 16:9

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps The Outpost (Artistic Outpost), Sentiments (Hero Arts CL342)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Naturals White, Nestled DSP (Authentique)
 Ink Sahara Sand, Bordering Blue (ret)
Accessories Candy Dot (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Banners Dies (Nestabilities)

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So sorry you needed another sympathy card. This one is wonderfully peaceful and is sure to bring comfort.

Nora Noll said...

I have a ton of sympathy cards to send out myself right now. I have them created but just hate it so much. I have to admit that I LIKE creating them-not sure why.

I LOVE yours. That wood background and your white, distressed edged panel really caught my eye. I also like the way you created the sky and grass in that fabulous scene. Really lovely sympathy card.

Tracy Grauer said...

What a nice card. I love the colors and the stamps you used.

Linda Callahan said...

What a great image! Beautiful card!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne, Sympathy cards are so difficult to create, they should bring comfort and peace to the recipient and yours does just that beautifully.
Love the colors you chose.
Great card, teammate.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO.
PS. Thank you for sharing the pictures of Cassidy, we practically have seen her grow up before our very eyes. She is beautiful.

Jan Clothier said...

Even though this is a sympathy card, it is wonderful! There's such a feeling of openness and nature in the image and you've framed it so perfectly with the various layers and textures. It's the perfect card, in my book. :-)