Monday, July 5, 2021

MTC Challenge #23 Seashell Wreath

Happy Monday, peeps! Hope you had a good weekend!  I was blessed to have this card chosen as a winner at Make The Cards last week, so today I get to be a Featured Creator!  

This week we have a sketch challenge, which is always a favorite....gives me a good starting point:


What a great sketch!  I was reminded of this pretty shell wreath I saw in my Martha Stewart Living magazine:


So I set about to recreate it in my own way, with the small shell image from Friends are Like Seashells:


I stamped and diecut each shell in Seaside Spray, then sponged color on a few of them to try to replicate the ombre effect on the wreath.  


Instead of the woodgrain background, I chose to emboss my panel with a retired embossing folder, then added a few sequins and a thank you sentiment.  I am also entering this in the Inspire.Create challenge, where they are looking for thank you cards too!


Meanwhile, pop over to the Make The Cards challenge to see what Jill and the other creative team members have shared!  Hope you'll play along!  And thanks for visiting!

We found a few little new neighbors under the shed; three baby robins:


And the sunflowers are in full bloom!  You can even see a tiny bit at the top of the center one that's been "deseeded" by some goldfinches...I heard them flitting around a couple days ago!  They look so pretty--little yellow birds sitting on big yellow flowers!



Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Friends are Like Seashells
Card stock & Papers     Basic White
 Ink Seaside Spray (ret)
Accessories Sequins from my Stash, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Sponge Daubers, Stitched Rectangles, Ruffled Embossing Folder (ret)

6 comments:

R's Rue said...

I love the robins and sunflowers. They are beautiful. So is your card. I hope your weekend was full of love and joy.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Puggygirl said...

Card very clean cut and pretty. Do you plant you sunflowers from seed? if so, please could tell me the company? Thank you so much

Kampin' Karen said...

Nicely created. Love the nature photos.

Linda Callahan said...

Love love love this! So pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

That wavy background is perfect with your wreath. Fabulous card, LeAnne. We have three baby robins too! They're in the tree by our front porch. Mama and daddy aren't happy when we use the front door LOL! WOWza to those sunflowers :)

Jill Lipscomb said...

Beautiful Card! I love that wreath and the embossing background looks like waves. Thank you for joining us at Make the Cards Challenge! Jill