Tuesday, July 6, 2021

RRCB162 Material Girl

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Time for a new Retro Rubber challenge, where we give our old stamps some love!  We have a great sketch from Claire today:


I needed a birthday card for a friend from church who is quite an accomplished seamstress.  I pulled out some really old October Afternoon paper called Thrift Shop because I knew it had these "retro" dress-pattern images, along with some pretty florals and stripes:


The sentiment is from an old Cornish Heritage Farm set called Sew Special (at least ten years old), and I stamped it on some of the same paper, then diecut it with a Stitched Rectangle die. I embellished it with some paper buttons and a few goodies from the retired SU Quilt Builder dies:


I've got a brushed silver needle, some embroidery floss and a few more stitched mats:


The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (2009) and diecut with the Smooth Sailing banner die:


My colors of Coastal Cabana and Poppy Parade go great with these papers!  I almost didn't want to send this card out, I loved it so much!  But off it went into the mail, as today is her birthday!  Now, what will you create with our sketch?  Just be sure to use stamps at least a year old, and tell us the approximate age, then share it with us at Retro Rubber!  Just a hint...if you're using SU stamps and you don't remember the age, you can check the gallery at Splitcoaststampers...they have a listing of all the SU stamps and the year in which they first appeared!  Can't wait to see what you create!  Thanks for popping in today!

Wayne's family had a big family reunion over the weekend and one of the activities was visiting a small local zoo, Plumpton Park:


Apparently this is the summer of the goat, LOL!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Teeny Tiny Wishes (ret), Sew Special (Cornish Heritage Farms, ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Thrift Shop (October Afternoon)
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Embroider Floss, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Smooth Sailing Dies, Quilt Builder Dies (ret), Stitched Nested Labels Dies (ret), Layering Circles Dies

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

How do you remember all the products you have? You're amazing!! I love goats and Cassidy looks so cute in that pic.

Joan V said...

Beautiful card. I have that same paper in my stash. Sometimes our creations are hard to part with, but I am sure she will love the card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne, I love these beautiful vintage images, they remind me of my grandma's and mom's sewing days, I still can remember the smell of those paper bags with the patterns inside, to me, they were so delicate since they were printed on tissue paper so they could be cut.
The colors on your DSP just adds to the nostalgic feel on your card, love the fabulous details, the needle is my favorite.
Awesome card, teammate.
Stay healthy and safe and thank you for the pictures of your sweet Cassidy.
XO
Maria.

Jan Clothier said...

Absolutely masterful! I LOVE this vintage vibe. Your attention to all the small details like the brushed silver needle and the spool of floss make it even more exquisite. Fabulous card!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful touchable card, LeAnne! Perfect for a seamstress!

Lisa Elton said...

This looks like it's the perfect card for your friend and it's perfectly charming too! I miss October Afternoon, loved their collections!

Julie Kopp said...

Really a cute card...I'm going to need to case this as I have most of the items you used. Thanks for the inspiration!

Vickie said...

You know we love our Vintage LeAnne…and I love this card…perfecto.

Linda Callahan said...

Not saying that we are old but I adore your retro cards! And this is no exception! Delightful!

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this retro card!!!!!!!! SMILE!!!!!!