Saturday, July 17, 2021

HSSC368 Merry Christmas

Happy Saturday, peeps!  Hope you have something fun planned this weekend!  I am gearing up for a Christmas stamp camp, so I think I'll be hunkered down in my craft room....well, maybe after I tackle a boatload of zucchini that came from my garden!  Anyway, I did make a Christmas card yesterday; it uses the sketch from Hand Stamped Sentiments and the theme from Jingle Belles...well, at least I thought it did!  Here's the sketch:


and the challenge from the Jingle Belles is to create a card inspired by a Christmas movie or story.  Well, I had it in my mind the "jingle" from my card was from a Christmas movie starring Judy Garland, but when I went to look it up, it was from The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole!  Wow, that's what I get for stamping late at night!  Anyway, it was all done, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it:


I used some papers from My Mind's Eye Winterberry pad and the sentiment is from Impression Obsession.  The card base is Mossy Meadow, and I had to flip the sketch to get the church into the picture!  I diecut the sentiment with the Stitched Shapes dies and my "banners" are Dazzling Diamond Glimmer paper stars:

   

I had this Smoky Slate panel already diecut in my cardstock stash, so I simply stamped a Papertrey sentiment on it in Mossy Meadow and it was good to go!


Here is just a part of our zucchini haul....that one in the middle kind of got away from us!  We just picked the day before too!  I'll be grating most of them up for faux crab cakes and zucchini bread!  We've got beans and peppers too, and our tomatoes are beginning to ripen!  Busy time of the year!

Thanks for popping in today! Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Merry Christmas D14802 (Impression Obession, Holiday Wishes (Papertrey Ink)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Mossy Meadow, Smoky Slate, Winterberry (My Mind's Eye), Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (ret)
 Ink Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow
Accessories Big Shot, Stitched Be Mine Die, Stitched So Sweetly Die, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Star Die (Verve)
Tools    

11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Special Christmas card! I think you did great stamping at night! Do you put Old Bay Seasoning in your crab cakes and do they REALLY taste like crab cakes? I just bought some zucchini yesterday and they look nothing like yours. That's the difference between FL and PA! and we don't even want to talk about tomatoes!!

Vickie said...

Very pretty card LeAnne. Faux crab cakes…never heard of that…want to share.

imacrafty1953 said...

Love your card, but then I really like all of your creations!!
Faux Crab, pretty please, share the recipe!! Sounds like a great meatless dinner some night!

Lisa Elton said...

What a quaint card, that little church is so special and I love the sentiment! I remember my dad having some of those huge zucchini pop up now and again!

SmilynStef said...

Memories work that way don't they ... I would have sworn it was in some movie somewhere too ... fabulous card ... love the colors ... always thrilled when you join us at Jingle Belles (I must now go and research faux crab cakes ... sounds yummy).

Stampin by Genny said...

Yum on the veggies from your garden! I love the sentiment and color combo for your wonderful take on our sketch. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Jenny Engelke said...

Ah, Christmas, my favorite card making time of year! I also love Christmas in July...you gotta get a jump on Christmas crafting! The Christmas church is so peaceful looking and everything is so coordinated! Love it all! Thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

ElizStewart said...

Beautiful!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Your holiday scene is beautiful!

Creations in paper said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card. Love that sentiment! hanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Robbie

lauren bergold said...

k i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that NKC and the christmas song have been the inspiration for a movie at some point; after the hallmark channel runs like one a week lol! and in a sense, that song tells a story... so i feel like this is on point, anyway. plus it's a GORGEOUS card and so beautifully put together as always! thanks for joining our JINGLE BELLES fun! :)