Wednesday, May 13, 2020

TCC135 Patriotic Birthday


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  It's time for a new Card Concept challenge:

I was so excited to see this challenge because it fit perfectly with a card I wanted to create with my club girls!  I only had three participants this month, but even with "social distancing", we still had a good time, and I was able to use the retiring Country Road to create a Shabby and Vintage masculine card!  I was inspired mostly by the colors, but a wee bit by the patriotic theme as well, as I do have some stars on my card:


We used every single stamp in this set on our card, along with some stamps from Label Me Bold, too!  We stamped the foliage on a piece of Merry Merlot, then ran it through upside down in the Pinewood Planks embossing folder so that the raised side was on the front.  That made it easy to sponge it with some Soft Suede ink to give it a vintage look.  The edges of the Very Vanilla piece were stamped with the "fuzzy" image from Label Me Love to give it an antique quality, and the edges of the Night of Navy piece were also stamped with the other Label Me Love swooshy image, then distressed with the edge of an acrylic ruler.  



We added some stars from Label Me Bold and some more fuzzy vintage stamping to the sentiment, and we colored a brad with a Night of Navy Blend to give it some complementary color!  The inside used the sentiment and wagon wheel image:


I am sad to see this set go; it's got such great country images, I am keeping on my shelf!!  I hope that you'll find some inspiration from our photo challenge and share your creation with us this week as well!  Thanks for popping in today!

Cassidy gets a monthly kit that features some sort of STEM project; last month it was the spin art kit, this month it was a little robot:



We were all pretty proud of her!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Country Road, Label Me Bold
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Merry Merlot, Very Vanilla
 Ink Night of Navy, Merry Merlot, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede
Accessories Mini Dimensionals, Metallic Brads
Tools     Big Shot, Pinewood Plank EF, Stitched Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Sponge

2 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this rustic-themed card in your patriotic colours LeAnne. Great that you've managed to continue socially-distanced crafting with your club; I've been doing online classes with my ladies for the first time ever and can honestly say I love it! Best thing I ever did!! Not quite the same as being there in person, but fun nonetheless!

Lisa Elton said...

What a marvelous card! Those little grasses in the bottom left corner were a fabulous touch. How COOL is that little robot!! I need the info on this monthly kit deal, Sweet P would love this!!