Saturday, May 23, 2020

Saturday Selections

Hi everyone!  A lazy Saturday here in PA...more rain and clouds!  Hopefully I'll be able to get into my stamp room a bit today!  Meanwhile, I wanted to share just a couple of cards I made recently using some new as well as older products!  My first one uses Jar of Flowers, stamped in Stazon ink and watercolored:


After watercoloring the image, I fussy-cut it and layered it on a Bird Ballad panel that had an opening cut with the Nested Labels die.  I put some Soft Seafoam DSP under it and added a little scalloped trim as well as a bow made from the new Flowers for Every Season Combo Pack:


The sentiment, stamped in Poppy Parade, is from Celebrate Sunflowers, and I stamped and colored another tulip from the bouquet to accent it:


My next card uses the Sunflower dies and Buffalo Check background stamp to create a whimsical sunflower:


I diecut the top layer with Crumb Cake cardstock, then stamped a piece of Mango Melody with the Buffalo Check stamp in Pumpkin Pie, then diecut it with the bottom layer.  Crushed Curry created the center, and I layered it on a panel of Whisper White, embossed with the Subtle EF, and another layer of Crumb Cake.  I layered it on a card base of Mango Melody embossed with the Tin Tile EF:


A wee bit of Terracotta Tile ribbon and a sentiment from Free as a Bird finished it off!  Thanks for popping in today!  Be sure to come back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge too!

We lost another tree yesterday...technically, it's on my SIL's property, right at the edge of ours.  The tree top broke and split the small tree right down the middle:


It straddled the stream but didn't really damage anything!  Now John will have another project!


And while I had the camera out in the rain, I snapped a few of my Japanese iris:



Enjoy your day and be blessed!


First Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Jar of Flowers, Celebrate Sunflowers
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Bird Ballad DSP, Soft Seafoam DSP
 Ink Stazon, Blushing Bride, Highland Heather, Poppy Parade, Soft Seafoam, Crushed Curry, Balmy Blue
Accessories Flowers for Every Season Ribbon, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Be Mine Dies, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Jar Punch, Aquapainter

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Celebrate Sunflowers, Free as a Bird, Buffalo Check
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Mango Melody, Crushed Curry, Old Olive
 Ink Pumpkin Pie, Terracotta Tile
Accessories Terracotta Tile Ribbon, Dimensionals.
Tools     Big Shot, Sunflower Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Subtle EF, Tin Tile EF

5 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Great photos! LOVE the sunflower!!

I Card Everyone said...

I love ALL your flowers today, LeAnne - real, and paper!
=]

Bonnie said...

Love this fresh and pretty bouquet, LeAnne! And that sunflower is so bright and gorgeous! Your yellow iris is beautiful! I thing the yellow ones are my favorite.

Linda Callahan said...

Loving the new stuff! And I love the detail of the buffalo check in your sunflower!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty cards, what a great sun flower! Beautiful iris pics too!