Thursday, May 28, 2020

IB126 Eclectic Hello

Hello, peeps and happy Thursday!  It's time for a new Inspired By challenge!  Here's our photo prompt for today, as well as the optional sketch!


I chose not to use the sketch this week, but I focused on that little element down in the right hand corner, so here we go:


I thought the element looked like one of those medallions we used to make when SU first came out with their scoring board, so I looked through my stash of DSP and found this lighter weight one that had a newsprint-style pattern.  I trimmed it to 1 1/2" x 12" and scored it every 1/4".  I accordian pleated it and adhered it to a circle backing with some hot glue, then went to work to decorate it with lots of wee little fun goodies:



I added a stitched "button" heart from some retired Soft Sky textured cardstock; a little snippet of Garden Green DSP,  a metal bird embellishment from a past Paper Pumpkin kit, and some Flirty Flamingo accents for fun and color!  I adhered it to a mat of Kraft paper that was embossed with a Falling Petals (that look like hearts to me) embossing folder!


This was fun to make, as I rarely make cards that have this much depth to them...this will require some padding to go through the mail, or certainly would make someone smile if it was just handed to them, LOL!  What inspires you from that fun little montage?  Colors; shapes; textures?  We can't wait to see what you share with us at Inspired By!  Thanks for popping in ....enjoy your day and be blessed!

Everybody needs a dog in a bucket!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Honey Bee
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Flirty Flamingo, Garden Green DSP, Soft Sky Textured (ret), Newsprint (ret), Kraft (Close to My Heart)
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Very Vanilla Baker's Twine, Bird Element (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Be Mine Dies, 1/16" Hole Punch, Stitched Nested Label Dies, Patterned Pumpkin Dies (ret), Falling Hearts EF (ret), Scallop Circle Die (Nestabilities), Score Board, Hot Glue Gun

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

How pretty! Love how you were inspired.
Yes to everyone needing a dog in a bucket, so sweet.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I just admitted to a friend that I don't think I've ever made a Rosette... thanks for the instruction, and beautiful example!
[ps I think they look like hearts, too! and it's darling]
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Blast from the past! The rosettes are still adorable! Fun card!

Bonnie said...

You've created a fun little collage with lots of interest!

Danni Reid said...

I knew your inspiration as soon as I saw your card and it is SO pretty, love all your layering and your absolutely beautiful rosette!!
(I, too, hand-deliver my rosette cards in a clear sleeve usually with gifts)

Lisa Elton said...

I thought they were embossed hearts! Might I say that you nailed that little element from the bottom right corner... this is lovely!