Wednesday, May 6, 2020

CAS Times Two


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I have a couple of easy CAS cards to share today!  The CAS on Sunday challenge is to use your favorite flower stamp, and the Hand Stamped Sentiment challenge is a nice sketch:

So here we go:


My friend Martha gave me this stamp a while back and I totally forgot I had it, and came across while doing a bit of organizing.  I must say, I was really impressed with how it stamped and how the images lined up.  It's from Altenew and usually their images are a little more loosely layered, but this has an outline image and it matched up perfectly.  I will also say that I rarely use purples, and here I've used them two times in a row!  I think if I were to do this again, I would not choose Blackberry Bliss for the darker tone; I used Purple Posy and Highland Heather for the lighter areas (and I know the Posy is not available but I managed to get an ink pad before they discontinued it, and I love the lighter shade!!!) and I just think the Blackberry is too much of a contrast!  But I still think it's quite impressive!  I fussy-cut it and the leaves out, then mounted them on a diecut and embossed panel backed with a Soft Seafoam mat, and if you look very closely, you can see a few Seafoam sprigs stamped below the flower; they are from a W+9 set, as is the sentiment:


A few sequins finished it off.

I discovered this card that I made last week, hiding under a pile of stamp sets on my desk; I forgot all about it!  It's for the popular CAS(E) This Sketch, which I am squeaking in under the wire:


I was very sad that SU didn't bring this Honey Bee bundle into the new catalog, so I thought I would play with this glittery bee a little more, pairing it with some Golden Honey DSP and embossed card front:


I pieced some Basic Black glimmer paper into the Gold bee and added a little sentiment on a diecut:


I have a TOPS friend who is struggling with being cooped up inside, so I thought this would cheer her up!  Thanks for popping in today!  And here's a face that is BOUND to cheer you up:


 I'll leave you with that!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


First Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Garden Treasure (Altenew), Spring Blessings (W+9)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Soft Seafoam, Blackberry Bliss
 Ink Purple Posy (ret), Highland Heather, Blackberry Bliss, Soft Seafoam, Pear Pizzazz, Memento Black
Accessories Sequins from my Stash, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Coastal Weave EF 

Second Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Mini Tag Sentiments (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Golden Honey Specialty DSP (ret), Gold Glimmer, Black Glimmer
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Pinewood Planks EF, Detailed Bee Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies

14 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Oh, he is ALL boy! You've been busy as a bee. Both cards are delightful. Your coloring and fussy cutting are the best bar none! I really like the blackberry bliss as I think it makes your flower strikingly beautiful. You are a blessing!

I Card Everyone said...

BEE utiful!! Times TWO! LeAnne, I'm so happy you 'squeaked' in to CTS this week with this little honey bee! LOve the texture you've added [to each card] with a bit of embossing!
Now. about this darling little boy - my adoration grows with each photo!! If you 'mustache!'
=]

Bonnie said...

Another beautiful purple flower, LeAnne! I like the shades of light and dark you've used and I think they are perfect! Love that gorgeous bee with the glittery wings! A perfect take on that sketch! Nothing like a mud bath to make a little boy happy!

Tracy Grauer said...

That flower is stunning! I think the Blackberry Bliss does it justice. That little boy is priceless! What a sweet blessing! Thanks for sharing!

Vickie said...

Well done LeAnne on both cards...super coloring on the flower...and love the format with the Bee. Just saw the new paper colors....super.
Be Well

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness gracious what a pretty flower! Love your sparkly bee too, must be the queen! These are incredible LeAnne. So is that little mud speckled fella ;)

Linda Callahan said...

So much fun here - from the joyfully muddy face to the sweet bees and that gorgeous flower!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the bees but that purple bloom is a wowsa - such a fabulous card! And I love your choice of purples - I think the darker tone makes it pop.

Stampin with Liz Design said...

Such a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along at CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

Fiona said...

Beautiful Lianne - that purple flower is stunning and a great taken on our sketch. And thank you so much for that happy face - it certainly put a smile on mine thanks for sharing with us at HSS this week.

Stampin by Genny said...

I love the your color combo. The embossed background combines beautifully with the flower. Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Jaimie said...

Ooohhh, this is stunning. You'd never know that flower was multiple stamps from far away - looks like it was colored. Love the embossed cardstock with the stitching. Beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with that pretty purple flower. Love your coloring and layout of the card.
Thanks for sharing the cute photo, it does bring a smile to your face.
Hope you are doing well and staying safe.
((hugs))

Wilma de Korte said...

Beautiful! I love the purple color :-) Thanks for joining us at CAS on Friday!