Thursday, May 7, 2020

IB123 Flower Me with Color


Happy Thursday, everyone, and it's time for a new Inspired By challenge!  I think my mojo has all washed away with the rain, I had to let paper do all the work for me...not a wee bit of stamping on my card at all today!  Here's the challenge:


I didn't have a single floral stamp that I could conjure an idea with, so I just went with some pretty BoBunny papers and the Try Stampin' On Tuesday sketch:


I cut a border from some retired SU Woodgrain paper, then used the same die to cut the floral panel:


I found a little packet of KaiserCraft embellishments in my stash (never opened--what am I saving them for?), so I mounted one on a stitched circle diecut from the same paper pack, added a fussy-cut floral embellishment and a triple-layer Very Vanilla "hello":


I didn't make my border quite wide enough to handle the three little candy dots, so I took the liberty of adding a little banner:


This will go to another TOPS friend....we've got to encourage each other during these times...hopefully they'll be over SOON!

I hope you'll play with our challenge this week...I didn't play with the sketch this week, as it's optional, but if you can incorporate them both, it's fun!  Share them with us at the Inspired By blog!  

Speaking of flowers, Dana shared a craft that Cassidy did; an Amazon box they received had this on it:


She colored it, cut it out and assembled it, and mailed it to Wayne's stepdaughter in NC!


Pretty cool idea!  Thanks for popping in today, enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Felicity DSP (BoBunny)
 Ink
Accessories Dimensionals, Paper Embellishments (KaiserCraft), Candy Dots (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Hip Hello Die (Poppystamps)

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Quite an exception card LeAnne....and Cassidy..got to love that child...she really got her creativity from her being with her Grandma for a few years....love her flower...

Kampin' Karen said...

I love BoBunny paper. This is gorgeous! Hooray for Cassidy!!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, sometimes we just have to let the papers do all the talking... you've used really beautiful words today!
=]

Donna Scholz said...

LeAnne - your card is beautiful!!! I especially like the way you added your three candy dots... it gives your card that extra flair! You aren't the only one who has found things in their stash they forgot they even bought!!! It's always a nice surprise! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us this week, I've missed seeing your cards here at TSOT the past couple of months, I always enjoy seeing your work! -Donna

Heather said...

Wow, LeAnne - these are gorgeous papers - you've done a brilliant job showing them off! The card is so elegant! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Lisa Elton said...

You've used those papers beautifully LeAnne, this is fabulous!!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful combo of patterns and colors!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Those papers make a real statement- I think you did a grand job, as did Cassidy with her 3D flower- so creative!

Colleen Dietrich said...

So beautiful as always, LeAnne! I recognized right away that little medallion die cut by K and Company. I have that pack too and rarely remember to use it. You’ve jogged my memory, thanks!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Such a cute card, LeAnne! I've made a few no stamping cards myself in the day. Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.